• Show
Clear All
  • gatordogs2
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2007
    • So.Florida
    • 22114 soon

Which TS of these final 2 to buy? Final Decision

In my poll earlier this week of best TS between 3 to choose, the Delta 96-979 won by a landslide 29 to second place Jet at 6. Thanks for voting.
    http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=32704

Okay I'm getting closer in my TS purchase but a new wrench was thrown in the mix: Sears has their 22114 Hybrid on sale.
    http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=32748

I might be able to convince wifey to let me spend the extra dough if I was seriously convinced it was worth the money. Reviews on both saws give great remarks but besides the placement of the motor, I don't know much about these 2 or any other TS for that matter.

Therefore please help a newbie out and vote/give your response why or why not the 22114 is worth the extra $100

So the new TS choice now is:

Delta 96-979 with 36" Bies fence for $380 or

Craftsman 22114 with 36" Bies fence for $480

Thanks for your help,
    Barry

PS, I promise that I won't bug you which TS to buy again. But I probably will ask about add-on's, tips on projects.
    Delta 36-979 + 36" Bies fence for $380
    22.50%
    Craftsman 22114 + 36" Bies fence for $480
    77.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by gatordogs2; 09-06-2007, 10:50 PM.
    What if there is no tomorrow?....there wasn't one today!

-Barry
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

I clicked the wrong button.

The Delta IS NO LONGER THAT PRICE. You missed the boat, and now the Craftsman is only around $40 more.

You better jump while the 72 (less then that now) hour sale is on.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• p8ntblr
      • Jan 2007
      • So Cal
      • Craftsman 22114

How did you come up with that figure for the 22114. The 22114 is on sale for $467 + $80 bies = $547. With that being said, the stock fence is pretty good. Better than most stock fences. No Bies though. I got mine used and love it. I've also had an older Delta Contractor's which was also a good saw but didn't have the heft and power of the 22114. I won't be upgrading anytime soon unless I can find a killer deal on a cabinet saw.
      -Paul

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Originally posted by p8ntblr
        How did you come up with that figure for the 22114. The 22114 is on sale for $467 + $80 bies = $547. With that being said, the stock fence is pretty good. Better than most stock fences. No Bies though. I got mine used and love it. I've also had an older Delta Contractor's which was also a good saw but didn't have the heft and power of the 22114. I won't be upgrading anytime soon unless I can find a killer deal on a cabinet saw.
        In another thread, he was told what the average to expect the stock Craftsman fence for that saw to sell for.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• dkerfoot
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2004
          • Holland, Michigan
          • Craftsman 21829

I still vote for the 21829. : )
          Doug Kerfoot
          "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
          "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
          KeyLlama.com

Comment

• wassaw998
            • Jul 2004
            • Atlanta, GA, USA.

Where's the bargain in this for me?
            Chris

Comment

• LarryG
              The Full Monte
              • May 2004
              • Off The Back
              • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Originally posted by wassaw998
              Where's the bargain in this for me?
              Agreed. This and several other recent BA threads need to be in either Tool Talk, or Coffee Pot. Either that, or we should just give up on the concept of Bargain Alerts and rename this "The Shopping Section."
              Larry

Comment

• Knottscott
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Rochester, NY.
                • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by LarryG
                Agreed. This and several other recent BA threads need to be in either Tool Talk, or Coffee Pot. Either that, or we should just give up on the concept of Bargain Alerts and rename this "The Shopping Section."
                Well...the 22114 is still ringing up @ a measly 35% off for $467 with the stock fence...
                Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• ragswl4
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • Winchester, Ca
                  • C-Man 22114

This is in the Tool Talk section unless my computer has gone wacko.
                  RAGS
                  Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                  sigpic

Comment

• LarryG
                    The Full Monte
                    • May 2004
                    • Off The Back

Originally posted by ragswl4
                    This is in the Tool Talk section unless my computer has gone wacko.
                    It is now, yes, but it was in BA before one of the mods moved it (and at least one other thread, too).
                    Larry

Comment

• ragswl4
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Winchester, Ca
                      • C-Man 22114

I have the 22114 therefore I am biased in my vote. I do not own the Delta or have ever used a Delta saw. I paid $100 more than the current price and I was thrilled to get it and doubt that I will ever upgrade to another saw unless the shop burns down. If you have the space this is the saw to get IMO.

It has plenty of power, good dust collection and built like a tank. Unless you get the mobile base make sure you put it where you want it the first time, cause you ain't moving it later without a lot of help. The stock fence is pretty good, squares up to the blade and stays that way and its easy to add jigs with the t-slots in the side and top. I replaced the stock miter gauge with an Incra V-27.

As was posted earlier, better take advantage of this sale as I doubt you will see this saw at a lower price unless you purchase it used.
                      RAGS
                      sigpic

Comment

• ragswl4
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2007
                        • Winchester, Ca
                        • C-Man 22114

It is now, yes, but it was in BA before one of the mods moved it (and at least one other thread, too).
                        My bad, I didn't see it there. You are right.
                        RAGS
                        sigpic

Comment

• LarryG
                          The Full Monte
                          • May 2004
                          • Off The Back

Rags, on the list of threads, do you see a "Moved:" prefix on threads that have been moved to a section other than that in which they started? Other vBulletin forums I have visited do that, but I'm not seeing that here on BT3Central.

BOT, I find it refreshing that the Craftsman is soundly whupping the Delta, considering that so many people automatically assume anything that is Craftsman to be inferior to the name-brand alternatives. I voted for it, too, because of these two I regard it as the better saw.
                          Larry

Comment

• goslin23
                            Established Member
                            • Feb 2007
                            • Richmond, TX
                            • Rigid TS3650

Anyone interested in a slightly used TS3650 for $500 so I can go out and grab the 22114 before the price goes back up?
                            If it ain't one thing... It's 12 @#$%ing things!

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2005
                              • Independence, MO, USA.
                              • bt3100

Originally posted by ragswl4
                              I have the 22114 therefore I am biased in my vote. I do not own the Delta or have ever used a Delta saw. I paid $100 more than the current price and I was thrilled to get it and doubt that I will ever upgrade to another saw unless the shop burns down. If you have the space this is the saw to get IMO.

It has plenty of power, good dust collection and built like a tank. Unless you get the mobile base make sure you put it where you want it the first time, cause you ain't moving it later without a lot of help. The stock fence is pretty good, squares up to the blade and stays that way and its easy to add jigs with the t-slots in the side and top. I replaced the stock miter gauge with an Incra V-27.
                              Rags,

Did and what did you get for the 22114's miter gauge? How close did it offset your v-27's price?

LOL on the shop burning down (kinda). I got my first saw from a neighbor/friend for helping out a bunch with his house. Then a friend converted his garage into a shop and borrowed it, before I got it home to build some shelves. He hung a clock on the wall and nicked a electrical wire in the process. That night his home nearly burned to the ground (with my saw just about under his masterbedroom, in the shop). So my upgrade from the Delta to the BT, was out of my pocket (I saw how underinsured he was).

ANYONE who has HAD the 22114? What is the resale value on it? I've only seen one sold, and he parted it (after some problem).

Thanks

Comment

Working...