• Show
Clear All
  • messmaker
    Veteran Member
    • May 2004
    • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
    • Ridgid 2424

dust collector hose and fittings

I have some more tools to add on and I will need some fittings and hose. Peachtree or Outlet tools looks best. Where are you guys ordering it from? Nobody local has what I need.
    spellling champion Lexington region 1982
  • newbie2wood
    Established Member
    • Apr 2004
    • NJ, USA.

Grizzly or Amazon (if the item is on sale)
    ________
    tiny tits Webcams
    Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• LarryG
      The Full Monte
      • May 2004
      • Off The Back
      • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Wherever I can find what I need. And that's not a smart-ass answer ... few if any of us have found one-stop shopping for this stuff. I've bought from amazon.com, Woodcraft, Rockler, Highland Hardware, Lee Valley, probably more.

It used to be that if you could catch the Harbor Freight dust collection accessory kit on sale, it was an excellent buy since it includes two 10' pieces of hose, four blast gates, ten hose clamps, and more for about $33 (regularly $42.95, sale price is typically ten bucks less). The problem is that they don't put it on sale very often, and stores don't always have it in stock.
      Larry

Comment

• burrellski
        Established Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Saint Joseph, MO.

All of my DC hose has come from Menard's (Jet brand, 4") for about $12/10'
        Blast gates from Amazon on major sale.
        All the rest is S&D PVC and fittings from Menards and Lowes (best selection at Lowes)

It works very well together and has been pretty cheap overall

Comment

• Anthony
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2004
          • Brooklyn, NY, USA.

Originally posted by messmaker
          I have some more tools to add on and I will need some fittings and hose. Peachtree or Outlet tools looks best. Where are you guys ordering it from? Nobody local has what I need.
          Penn State industries also

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

Details of what you are looking for would help . . . .metal piping, gates, flex hose, SIZE (very important).

BTW if its gates the Lee Valley gates are just AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME and one of the things they are not crazy priced on. My 6" gates were $13 I believe.

PSI has good prices and decent shipping. A couple of their wyes were less than perfect IMHO and required too much silicone and tape.

Comment

• messmaker
              Veteran Member
              • May 2004
              • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
              • Ridgid 2424

One trip to Lowe's, the local plumbing shop, The BORG, The local WW shop, One E-Bay order and two shop made fittings and it fell into place . Geesh I hate plumbing for dust control. It is always like this.
              spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

Working...