Dowelmax

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sweet Chuck
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2007
    • 34
    • Indiana
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #1

    Dowelmax

    Any of you guys own the Dowelmax system? Is it as good as they say it is? Is there something comparable or possibly better?

    Thanks in Advance.
  • ragswl4
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 1559
    • Winchester, Ca
    • C-Man 22114

    #2
    WOW that Dowelmax is pretty expensive, must do a great job. I have one that looks similiar to this:http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-G1874-...7888579&sr=1-2

    I have used it a few times and works good.
    RAGS
    Raggy and Me in San Felipe
    sigpic

    Comment

    • LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • 4890
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

      #3
      Has anyone else used the General Pro doweling kit #840? I bought that when I was 17 and worked in a hardware store to fix something and it pretty much sat since (I need some decent brad point bits).

      I have a possible upcoming need, and don't have anything to compare it to.

      Thanks

      (wondering what makes the Dowelmax and others that much better)
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

      Comment

      • radhak
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 3061
        • Miramar, FL
        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

        #4
        Short answer - the Dowelmax is the tool for dowel joints. nothing better, not even equal. and worth every dollar paid for it.

        I own it for just 2 months now, and have used it extensively for a current project, and it has never failed me. I believe it's USP is that it is machined to an extreme level of accuracy, and is completely reversible. Meaning - the distance between the 5 holes is exactly the same, and the distance from either end to the first hole is also exactly the same. And 'exact' here means if you drill 2 holes by aligning the edge with the edge of your workpiece, and repeat that with another workpiece, you can be absolutely sure that those 2 holes line up, and the reference edges line up too, totally seamlessly.

        I have used other jigs in the past (borrowed), and would not go back now.
        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
        - Aristotle

        Comment

        • big tim
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2006
          • 546
          • Scarborough, Toronto,Canada
          • SawStop PCS

          #5
          I echo Radhaks sentiment. Very accurate and versatile. Nice people to deal with.

          Tim
          Sometimes my mind wanders. It's always come back though......sofar!

          Comment

          • MilDoc

            #6
            And I will echo both of the above, if you have a need for lots of dowel joints.

            Comment

            Working...