• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bdk5
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2004
    • Chicago, IL, USA.

Sanding sleeves for Ridgid OSS

I need to pick up some sanding sleeves (various grits and sizes) for my Ridgid OSS/Belt sander. I assume they are standard, 4 1/2" sleeves. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good source? Rockler has a good variety that are claimed to fit the Delta OSS--I assume they will also fit the Ridgid.

Thanks,
    Bryan
  • hermit
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Somerset, PA, USA.

Doesn't Home Depot sell them for it?? I'd like to know if this is a problem, cause I am considering buying one of these in the near future.

Todd

Comment

• mpc
      • Feb 2005
      • Cypress, CA, USA.
      • BT3000 orig 13amp model

I've seen blister-packs of sleeves hanging from oddball places - and nowhere near the rest of the sandpaper/sanding disks section - of Ridgid sleeves for this sander. There are two sets: 80 grit and 150 grit in the ten-pack.

Ridgid number R28400
      835-354, $14.99
      UPC code: 48846 05360

It's a pack about 6 inches wide, 8 inches tall. The sleeves are stacked together - 80 grit on one side, 150 on the other so you see two sets of tubes. They're arranged cockeyed a little bit and end up looking like two cocktail shakers from a bar. At one HD, they are hanging from ears on the bright orange tool shelves, next to the MSUVs of all things. Another HD had them hanging by the shop vac filters. ??

Ryobi sleeve sets sold at HD also fit but you end up with one extra-large diameter one. I find this happens to be useful for hand-sanding/touchups; for some reason it just fits my grip nicely.

mpc

Comment

• Tarhead
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2007
        • Concord, NC
        • Delta Unisaw

I use Klingspor.
        http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-b...&qryType=GRPSG

Comment

• softop41
          Established Member
          • Jul 2004
          • Plainfield, IL, USA.
          • BT3100-1

bdk5,
          The only sleeves that I found at HD were in a Ryobi pack. They had 80 and 120 IIRC. For other grits, we need to go to other sources such as Klingspor as Tarhead mentions.
          Jerry
          Jerry
          Making High Quality Sawdust in Northeast Plainfield

Comment

• bdk5
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2004
            • Chicago, IL, USA.

Thanks for the responses. I've looked at the 2 HDs near me, but neither had the sleeves (either Ridgid or Ryobi). Klingspoor is on my list to check, but I hate paying $6-$10 shipping (or whatever it might be) on a $10-$20 purchase.

Comment

• Tarhead
              Forum Newbie
              • Aug 2007
              • Concord, NC
              • Delta Unisaw

Check out this:
              http://item.express.ebay.com/Delta-S...SSQ3aUSQ3a1100

Comment

Working...