• Show
Clear All
  • cork58
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Wasilla, AK, USA.
    • BT3000

Band Saw

I have a new Crafstman 14" bandsaw and will be putting a Kreg KMS7200 on it in the future. The table is not drilled like the Ricon so I will have to drill it. I ask the folks at Kreg for specs and will wait for the information. Has anyone done the conversion before? The BS is model 119.224010, I'll post after selling the table saw miter from Kreg I bought. I picked the wrong item on the computer. Now I get to sell the table saw miter and buy the RIGHT tool this time. My advice is to never buy anything on-line after a full day in the shop!!!!!!!!!!
    Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.
  • smc331
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2003
    • Charlotte, NC, USA.
    • BT3100

Who did you purchase the wrong item from? Most companies are more than willing to exchange. Certainly worth a shot!
    Scott

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -- Frank Zappa

http://macbournes.com

Comment

• sparkeyjames
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Redford MI.
      • Craftsman 21829

You would be better off if you got the grizzly fence. It is a few dollars more but looks to be a better fence than the Kreg.
      http://www.grizzly.com/products/H7587

Comment

• cork58
        Established Member
        • Jan 2006
        • Wasilla, AK, USA.
        • BT3000

Bandsaw

I think I have it sold already! It looks like the V.A. wood shop needs it! I just talked to the Commander and I will make them one **** of a deal on it!!! If I can give the VETS something to help them I will. They have a wood shop here and make alot of different things to sell and help or troops overseas and the familys here. But to answere your question, I have to pay shipping back, and from Alaska it is to expensive! It was my fault and I will live with it. Thanks for the advice though. My advice to all is not to buy when you have spent a full day in the shop! When you don't trust your self to use the the power tools the computer is just one more tool!!!!

Cork
        Cork,

Comment

• charliex
          • Mar 2004
          • Spring Valley, MN, USA.
          • Sears equivelent BT3100-1

If this is the Rikon lookalike may I ask what is the problem with the fence that came with the saw. Mine works fine but I may be missing something.
          Chas.

Comment

• cork58
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006
            • Wasilla, AK, USA.
            • BT3000

Bandsaw

Sparky,

Thanks for the lead. I looked at it breifly and will study it a little more closely. I thank you for you concern.

I'll let you know which way I go.

Again, Thanks, Cork
            Cork,

Comment

• cork58
              Established Member
              • Jan 2006
              • Wasilla, AK, USA.
              • BT3000

Nothing really but the micro adjustment needs to be better when resawing 1/4 is all. I scrollsaw and need smaller sizes is all. I love the saw but the fence could be better and from what I hve read the Kreg fence is what I need. Remmember that this is a knock off and does not have all the features yous does. I guess we get what we pay for huh!

Cork
              Cork,

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                The Full Monte
                • May 2007
                • Sunshine State
                • BT3000

Originally posted by cork58
                My advice to all is not to buy when you have spent a full day in the shop! When you don't trust your self to use the the power tools the computer is just one more tool!!!!
                At least you can't cut your fingers off with a computer...

Comment

• jhart
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2004
                  • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                  • BT3100

Cracker, you might, however, lose your mind with a computer!!
                  Joe
                  "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                    The Full Monte
                    • May 2007
                    • Sunshine State
                    • BT3000

Been getting by without my mind for some time now, but wouldn't have made it without my fingers...

Comment

Working...