X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1index only
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006

Whas it a deal or not?

I just picked up a Craftsman 12" bandsaw with a tiltable head for 75 bucks plus a paint gun that I traded him, did I do good?
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Unless you gave up one of these guns, I'd say you came off good, depending on what condition the bandsaw is in.

Does it run, how's the blade?

Being in the market for a BS, I envy you.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Comment

• 1index only
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2006

two pawn shops within 3 blocks of each other had the Identical saw and I couldn't resist beatin em up a bit, I traded a siphon feed gun not a gravity feed but it was hvlp. Thats okay I'm a professional painter and all I own are high dollar guns so the siphon feen although brand new was useless to me. I'm not sure if everything on the saw was as good as can be, not sure what to look for, it looked okay to me, its full size and thats what I was lookin for not a benchtop.

Comment

• Russianwolf
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
        • One of them there Toy saws

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I like the saw alot. Despite Craftsman's claim, it's actually what's called a shipsaw. The table stays flat at all times, which can be a very nice feature.

I think they still sell a model of it.
        Mike
        Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• blame
          Established Member
          • May 2007
          • Northern MO
          • delta ts-220 or something like that

if its the one i'm thinking of it worth every penny .i was watching one on ebay that sold for $400 including shipping from denver there a great saw for doing outside scroll work since the table never moves. but using for resawing wouldnt be my first choice for this machine due to the blades being smaller then what is needed. great saw though

later
          blame

Comment

• 1index only
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2006

here's a pic of one on craigslist, just like mine. Here are the specs

Craftsman 12 Inch Two Speed Band Saw
            6" Depth of Cut
            45 Degree Blad Tilt
            23" x 27" Work Surface
            80" Blade
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...