• Show
Clear All
  • DaveStL
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • St Louis, MO, USA.
    • Jet 10: Xacta RT

Attaching to Craftsman Router Fence

Has anybody attached an auxiliary fence, featherboards, etc. to the front of the Craftsman 9-26472 router fence that was on clearance a while back? The extrusion has some kind of T-track slots; regular 1/4" bolt heads are too thick. Does this just use the Rockler toilet bolts?

Putting this fence on the Jet extension table; hokey clamps for now, thinking of putting miter track in with shop-built brackets. The Rockler miter track locks (like the Bench Dog) are 2/ $4.50 or so; they work great for featherboards.

Dave
  • jwaterdawg
    • Aug 2005
    • Washington, NC USA
    • JET

1/4 carriage bolts will work in the slots on the front face. That's what I've been using for some time on the front face.

Also you might also try 1/4 jam nuts in the slots. IIRC I used jam nuts to attach the fences to shop-made mounting brackets for my router table and drill press setup. I believe the slots in the front and back are the same size.

HTH
    J
    Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• DaveStL
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • St Louis, MO, USA.
      • Jet 10: Xacta RT

Perfect! Tolerances on the carriage bolts I bought are such that on a couple of them, the shoulder stickes out right at or a little beyond the fence face, so I counterbored the stops that are being attached.

Comment

Working...