• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryA
    Established Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Tampa, FL, USA.

Earlex HVLP Spray Station Pro

OK, I've got a disease (same one a lot of you have for buying tools). I went in to Woodcraft today to buy the $99 HVLP kit (same as Rockler and HF according to you guys). The guy there talked me into the Earlex Pro Spray Station http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx...&BestSell=True He gave me the 10% off that they're offering next weekend and I had a $25 GC, so I got out the door around $260. Quite a bit more than the $100 I planned to spend. Anyone have any experience or know anyuthing about the Earlex unit. Did I buy more than I need? I know this is probably for someone who does a whole lot more spraying than I do, but he convinced me the quality was better (??) Any feedback? I'm feeling like I may have overspent (especially after I bought the PC HVLP gun and found I dont have enough compressor to push it)???

(but, it is pretty!)
    Gary
  • ragswl4
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Winchester, Ca
    • C-Man 22114

I read some reviews on the internet a while back that were all positive about the Earlex sprayers. I believe the company is in England. It was one of the HVLP units I was looking at but went with the HF/Rockler unit for $70 on sale. Haven't tried it yet.
    RAGS
    Raggy and Me in San Felipe
    sigpic

Comment

• dkhoward
      • Dec 2003
      • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
      • bt3000

I have been considering purchasing their lower end unit to replace my harbor freight spray rig. I would be interested in hearing any pros and cons anyone else might have.
      Dennis K Howard
      www.geocities.com/dennishoward
      "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • SoCal, USA
        • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

2 stage is OK for thin materials but not Latex gloss. That unit is much better than the almost all plastic type you were going to buy. The price seems fair. I have a older Eagle Wagner 2 stage turbine system but use the gun mostly w. my 80 gal 2 stage A/C in conversion form. Some thin the latex paint up to 50% but that reduces the quality of the finish. I can spray antything with that gun. I have a larger projector set for Latex. The 2 stage turbine will not spray w. latex unless I add a pressure pot and use the gun in non-bleeder mode and thin, or if I add a second air source(sears shopvac blower tee inline w. turbine acts like a 3 or 4 stage then). The turbines are nothing more than vac motors in a case. They are soo overpriced across the board if you look at the cost of the components. My stepbrother has a carpet cleaning business and I have looked at his suppliers prices on those vac motors, about 4-5 times the cost for the turbine! I may some time replace the motor in my case to an Amtec or Lamb 3 or 4 stage. Actually he said 2 separate 2 stage motors are better than 1, 4 stage for CFM output. The stage is just another fan w. the motor.
        The wagner CAP gun at gleempaint.com is priced good but you need an A/C to run it. Good info at that site.
        Andrew

Comment

Working...