• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docrowan
    • Mar 2007
    • New Albany, MS
    • BT3100

Avenger Dado Stack - Coming back, but overpriced

I've been looking at stacked dado sets and the Avenger had a fairly good rep on this site and pretty low price as they were being closed out. Some reported as low as $34.00. I started searching the web a couple weeks ago to see if there were any floating around still in someone's inventory or on eBay but struck out. While doing this I found the manufacturers web site had been updated recently. I emailed the manufacturer to find out availability and pricing and received the response back today. I can buy the 6 inch dado stack for $105.00 plus UPS shipping. Once they establish retailers they may reduce the price, but that's what they're asking now. (I'd paste in the actual email, but my hard drive crashed and I'm using a borrowed laptop.)

You can get the Freud 6 inch for less and it's got much better reviews on this site. Thought I'd pass along the info.
    - Chris.
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

Wow.
    yes, that is over priced. At what I paid I think it was way under priced, but not that much. I actually sold my Freud set and kept the Avenger, the performance was that close.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

Brian Holbren stated they were coming back a few months ago but advised he wasn't carrying them due to the new high price.

Comment

• Holbren
        • Oct 2004
        • Heathrow, FL.

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
        Brian Holbren stated they were coming back a few months ago but advised he wasn't carrying them due to the new high price.
        I decided not to sell them because the prices are too high. While the closeout prices are very low, it's still at $50-$60 set IMO.
        Brian
        Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
        "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
        www.holbren.com

Comment

Working...