First one I have ever seen

I saw this on Craigslist. http://columbus.craigslist.org/tls/366446536.html
    spellling champion Lexington region 1982
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

The wood hobby shop on Parris Island used to have on like that. I tried to get my hands on it when they replaced it in 89 or 90.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• Tequila
      • Aug 2004
      • King of Prussia, PA, USA.

Pretty interesting. I was actually thinking about setting up my saw like that, but then I decided that I'd rather have the table space on the left of the blade.
      -Joe

Comment

• cwsmith
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
        • BT3100-1

Funny that you should post that. Last night I was looking at a couple of old shop books by R.J. DeCristoforo. One was a small book on carpentry, and the other was his "Complete Book of Power Tools". In both books there is a referance to this table saw/jointer combo. Several of the pictures in the "Jointer" chapter of the Power Tool book show operations on it.

Not much in the way of words, other than it was a popular combination to take advantage of a single motor.

CWS
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Garasaki
          • Sep 2006

Those are actually surprisingly common. Since getting interested in old arn, jointers in particular, I've seen a number of those referenced or on ebay or where have you.

200 bucks is sort of a lot to pay for one, although that one does appear to be in great shape.
          -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
          -Henry Blake

Comment

• cgallery
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2004
            • Milwaukee, WI
            • BT3K

Originally posted by Garasaki
            Those are actually surprisingly common. Since getting interested in old arn, jointers in particular, I've seen a number of those referenced or on ebay or where have you.

200 bucks is sort of a lot to pay for one, although that one does appear to be in great shape.
            Yep, variations of those come up for sale all the time.

There is one w/ a tilting table (arbor stays put). While there are safety and convenience issues in ragards to having your table tilter, I have read that the tilting table design is accurate and doesn't suffer from any of the alignment problems that all tilting arbor designs suffer to one degree or another.

Comment

Working...