• Show
Clear All
  • Philippe
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2004
    • Winter Springs, Fl, USA.
    • BT3000

JDS dust Force Opinions

I have a chance to get a JDS Dust force 1.5HP with a 9 Micron Canister that includes the spinning handle to knock off dust for only $200 (New => $600

It is 3 months old. The gentleman selling seem genuine about ramping up for his needs as it is a commercial place.

What opinions are held about this particular DC. Right now I am using a Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac and it definitely can't hold up to the jointer or Planer.

Any opinions shared would be appreciated
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

I don't have the JDS, nor do I know much about the DC's (I like my air cleaner tho') ... but for $200 you do not have ANY time to think, you should have been there already and it should be running in your shop by now!!!!!

If this unit had standard bags, I'd probably have a different feeling, but considering that it does include the Filter makes it a very good deal

HF DC ------------ $169
    Wynn Conversion - $100'ish

HF is a 110v unit only, the JDS is 220 capable. The Wynn filter doesn't come with the egg beater like the JDS.

quit typin' and get movin' before you miss it
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I have the JDS 1 mic cannister mounted on my Griz 1029. The cannister is well made and I've been really pleased with it so far.

I don't know much about the unit, but DC's are simple devices and fairly similar from one to the next, and this one doesn't have any obvious glaring issues that I can spot. $200 seems like a great deal.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• LarryG
        The Full Monte
        • May 2004
        • Off The Back
        • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

+1 on Thom's reply, but ... do you really mean the filter is nine microns, or is it point nine (0.9) microns? Nine microns is better than the cheap 30 micron bags supplied with many dust collectors, but it's a long way from the one to two micron rating of most canister filters.

With that proviso, it's definitely a good deal, and will be leagues better than your shop vac. My spun-bond poly filter from Wynn cost right at $150 delivered. Their 80/20 paper blend runs about $40 less, but as Thom says, neither includes the beater bar.
        Larry

Comment

• Philippe
          Forum Newbie
          • Oct 2004
          • BT3000

Thanks so far

Thanks for the replies. I could of made an error on the 9 vs. .9 microns as my handwriting is sloppy.

My concern is the fact that they used this for 3 months and it's a commercial shop. How long do these canisters filters last? Could they have just blown thru it. Justifying it with the wife is okay at this time but add an additional purchase soon after for a new canister would cause much grief.

Comment

• Thom2
            Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
            • Jan 2003
            • Stevens, PA, USA.
            • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by Philippe
            months and it's a commercial shop. How long do these canisters filters last? Could they have just blown thru it. Justifying it with the wife is okay at this time but add an additional purchase soon after for a new canister would cause much grief.
            I wouldn't be concerned unless they blew a hole thru it or something stupid like that. You can clean these filters with compressed air or a shop vac. While I'm not sure what material JDS uses, I do know the Wynn spunbond filter can even be cleaned with water.

Short of something catastrophic happening, that filter should last a lifetime.
            If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
            **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• justaguy
              Established Member
              • Jun 2006
              • Chesapeake VA

I have a JDS with the canister and it works great. I got a good deal on mine. Somebody had a new unit that was missing the second box with the canister filter which I purchased for $100. I got a new canister on sale at Amazon for $140 shipped.

Mine works great and is a great value at this price. Go pick it up !

Comment

• Philippe
                Forum Newbie
                • Oct 2004
                • BT3000

Thanks

I appreciate your thoughts. I'm going to pick up the DC right now.
                Ciao

Comment

Working...