• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onedash
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Maryland
    • Craftsman 22124

Sting operations? What do they do? Put a pile of empty cases out and nab whoever happens to try to take them? It seems a lawyer could get the penalty reduced for attempting to steal an empty plastic container.
    If they are watching wouldn't the tool itself be better to lure a thief?

I saved all my cases and some boxes knowing I would have at least one move in my future and now everything will be in storage 3-4 years so im glad I saved them. I even saved the foam for the motor in my table saw.
    YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Different areas of town, different vehicles (NOT getting into specifics).
      Have seen them load up cases with dead tools, demo tools, and dead weight (so it feels they are in there). They tend to know what brands are in what cases, and what sells/pawns, on the street.

In one operation, I was told about a guy who came by, and closed up the vehicle. It was left open, like the contractor took a load in. They were talking about sending him a letter, with a photo of it, and a thank you note. (they had to move the vehicle and reset). lol

Most of the time, they don't open and go through the cases their, it's grab and run. It also tends to be in areas that have been hit, and then the lawyers end up with work, as most of the time it's repeat offenders, or ones who have other stolen stuff in their possesion. Much harder to work off when the cops collecting their property/evidence, gives them access to anything else you might have stashed there.
      Last edited by LinuxRandal; 05-22-2007, 01:43 PM.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...