Clear All
  • liftoff621@hotmail.com
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2005
    • San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

Hitachi M12V2 Router Lift?

Hi,

Couldn't help myself. I had an Amazon 10% coupon to go along with the Hitachi current sale. Got the Hitachi M12V2 router and a 12 volt 3/8" drive drill/flashlight kit for about $160.00. Can anyone recommend a router lift for this monster? Woodpeckers has a plungelift for the old model. I'm unsure if it will work. Thanks for your help. Pete
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

I have the older model mounted in my table on the Woodpecker plunge lift. If it will accept the new model, I highly recommend it.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• Rob3100
      Forum Newbie
      • Jun 2005
      • New Braunfels, TX, USA.
      • BT3100

I also recently read that the Router Raizer also fits the new M12V2. It takes a bit of drilling to set it up, but it works great and for me, it was in my price range while the others were a bit rich.

Comment

• greencat
        Established Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Grand Haven Mi

I have this woodpeck lift and its very nicely made.
        http://www.woodpeck.com/plungelift.html
        I think I got it on sale so I got the offset wrench and the template also.
        Thanks again,
        Mike

Comment

• LarryG
          The Full Monte
          • May 2004
          • Off The Back
          • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Pete, you could drop a e-note to Woodpeckers and ask about your router fitting the Plungelift. They typically respond to inquiries pretty quickly.
          Larry

Comment

• GaryA
            Established Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Tampa, FL, USA.

Let me ask a stupid question. I just received my new M12V2, and I knew it was a plunge. I'm mounting it in the Jet XACTA lift (Jess-em) on my cabinet saw table. So, when this thing is mounted to my lift, obviously the plunge setting will be locked in the "down" (full extended) position, right? So, to change bits - in another post, we've established it'll need to be done below the table. Anyone have a similar setup? Do you have to ease the plunge back down (as opposed to unlocking and having it spring down full force), and then hold the collet lock and loosen? Is it best to remove the whole router insert? This thing is heavy!! Thanks.
            Gary

Comment

• ragswl4
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Winchester, Ca
              • C-Man 22114

I can't answer your question, but if you are installing the router in a table, I would remove the springs. Makes adjustments and bit changes a lot easier. Directions are in the manual.
              RAGS
              Raggy and Me in San Felipe
              sigpic

Comment

• GaryA
                Established Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Tampa, FL, USA.

good call. I see that now, thanks. Did your only come with the one small manual?
                Gary

Comment

• GaryA
                  Established Member
                  • Dec 2004
                  • Tampa, FL, USA.

Has anyone mounted the M12V2 in the Jet XACTA or Jess-em Rout-R-Lift? It uses the "swiss cheese" mounting plate, and they have a layout for the M12V2, but it is way off (the diagram shows a square pattern, and the mounting holes under the sub-base are offset quite a bit from the layout)...I can't get it to line up correctly??
                  Gary

Comment

• liftoff621@hotmail.com
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Oct 2005
                    • San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA.
                    • Craftsman 22124

Which Router Lift - Woodpecker's Reply

Originally posted by LarryG
                    Pete, you could drop a e-note to Woodpeckers and ask about your router fitting the Plungelift. They typically respond to inquiries pretty quickly.
                    I received this reply from Justin at Woodpecker's.

Only the Unilift with a Type 4 mounting plate will work. The link to this
                    product is below.

http://www.woodpeck.com/unilift.html

Justin
                    Woodpeckers, Inc
                    justink@woodpeck.com
                    My great wife is getting me a Unilift for Father's Day. 10% off during the Father's Day sale. I'm holding off on the Xtreme Extension. Others have cautioned on using an extension. I'll stick to a bent wrench, at least for now.

Comment

• ragswl4
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Winchester, Ca
                      • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by GaryA
                      good call. I see that now, thanks. Did your only come with the one small manual?

Not sure if you were asking this question of me, but just in case, my M12V2 came with only one small manual. If you are looking for spring removal, remove the bottom plate (make sure the plunge is all the way up). On the bottom there are two large screws, black in color about 3/4" diameter. Remove those, as you remove them the springs will pop out at you, so be careful.
                      RAGS
                      Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...