Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

BS Choice Narrowed to 2 Grizzly Products

G0513X 17" 2 HP Extreme Series Bandsaw
    http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0513X

G0514X 19" 3 HP Extreme Series Bandsaw
    http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0514X

There is approximately $200 difference between the two. The 19" has a larger table surface which I like. Same resaw capacity (12"). Blade cost will be a little higher with 19". 19" will accept blades up to 1 1/4", though I doubt I would every use anything past a 3/4" to 1".

The dimision on the 19" has to be wrong. 78"H x 36"W x 32"D. 32" D? The 17" shows 20" D which seems correct.

I am leaning toward teh 19" which means I need you guys to tell me to get the 17". I mean "it's only $200 difference" is not good logic for a purchase. I can't imagine the HP difference being a real factor, right? 2 HP with the right blade should have no problems with 12" resaw.

Please help me guys. I am committed to buying by 05/01/07. I have to force myself to do this and finally make a decision.
  • Holbren
    • Oct 2004
    • Heathrow, FL.

Take a look at the Shop Fox 19", should be same as the Grizz but with 2HP vs. the Grizz 3HP. I had one and paid only $850 for it.
    Brian
    Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
    "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
    www.holbren.com

Comment

• reddog552
      Established Member
      • Dec 2006
      • Belleville Il.
      • Bt3000

Grizzly tent sale

Grizzly has there tent sale In Muncy May19 Im going to be there.You can save yourself some money. This is a scrach & dent sale,Ive been to 2 before there are some real deals there. As you can tell I like GRIZZLY have been using there tools for 20 years
      The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten!

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by reddog552
        Grizzly has there tent sale In Muncy May19 Im going to be there.You can save yourself some money. This is a scrach & dent sale,Ive been to 2 before there are some real deals there. As you can tell I like GRIZZLY have been using there tools for 20 years
        Ya, I am planning on going. I've gone to 2 as well. Showed up too late. I am going to get their early and try to get a edge sander. I *guess* I can hold off on the BS until then.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by Holbren
          Take a look at the Shop Fox 19", should be same as the Grizz but with 2HP vs. the Grizz 3HP. I had one and paid only $850 for it.
          Very interesting. Thoughts on the fence? Did it have the dual bearings, ie stacked?

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

Trigger Pulled

I can't wait to get my hands on this thing! Ok, now its time to load up on blades.

Order Date: April 28, 2007
            Order #: 002-1437937-XXXXXX

Recipient: JEFFREY SCHRONCE
            Items:
            • 1 of: Shop Fox G7315 Super Heavy-Duty Mobile Base
              Sold by: Grizzly (seller profile)</SPAN>
            • 1 of: Grizzly G0514X 19" 3 HP Extreme Series Bandsaw
            • 4 of: Woodstock International G1845 6" Plastic Blast Gate

Comment

• jspelbring
              Established Member
              • Nov 2004
              • Belleville, IL, USA.
              • Craftsman 22114

Congrats!

Jeffrey,

Congrats on your purchase! I'm jealous. Sadly income tax time was rough this year, so I've had to put off my purchase for awhile. I'm still looking at the Italians, but the prices are giving me an upset stomach. I see that Wilke has updated their site, but is still listing the PBS440 at $1799.

Please post a follow up on your Griz - maybe you can talk me out of spending more than I should!

-Jon
              To do is to be.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2005
                • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by jspelbring
                . I see that Wilke has updated their site, but is still listing the PBS440 at $1799.
                I was there last Friday morning and they did not have any in stock. They expected delivery of a new batch "very soon".

Comment

Working...