• Show
Clear All
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

Harbor Freight tile saw

HF has this tile saw on sale for $199.

has anyone ever used one, do you own one? thoughts?

i have several tile jobs coming up, and was wondering if it's a good deal for the money. it will be ~$160 plus tax after a coupon.
    Pete
  • PALefty
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006

I have one... and used it on one job so far. I have no real complaints about it.. and think for the discount price it can't be beat. The only small complaint would be when I tightened down the fence square, it would shift a bit. Nothing a little filing couldn't solve. It sounds like a beast.. but that didn't concern me at all. It isn't a name brand Felker or MK and won't get any rave reviews on professional tiling sites (ie johnbridge.com), but then it cost 1/3 of the price of one of the name brands.

I would buy it again.... and I didn't have a coupon the first time I bought it....

Comment

• whitecobra
      Established Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
      • BT3K with most accessories

Had one liked it no complaints and it will do allot for the money
      At $160 it is a "can't be beaten"
      Look at rental costs and you will see that this one is a better bargain

Dr D
      Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
      www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • SoCal, USA
        • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

I have the longer cutting "deepcut saw"one and actually the one you have is beter in some respects. I have my rt. support as a tray mounted Al 90* angle and it shifts b/c the tray slides. Your saw has a independant rod above the tray like the MK's. I wanted to have a cut capacity like an MK101-24, I paid $260 on sale for mine. 24"rip on mine. It is not in the store so I could not see it first. 3 x's shipping damage until they crated the box, terrible CS. I have not order online for years and do not plan to again. the stores are great in CS.
        I think for the price it is a great buy. BTW, a similar QEP saw costing 3x more actually uses a plastic main shaft retainer that can melt. The HF saw's are metal retainers and ball bearings.
        Andrew

Comment

• Cheeky
          • Nov 2006
          • westchester cty, new york
          • Ridgid TS2400LS

i ordered a 10" mk hotdog blade from amazon. looks like i'm picking the saw up on monday from HF.

thanks for the affirmation all!

my tiles are 17.5" on the diagonal, this saw will cut 18" long and 12" on the diag. is there anyway to cut the 17.5 on the diagonal?
          Last edited by Cheeky; 04-21-2007, 07:58 PM. Reason: another question
          Pete

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2003
            • SoCal, USA
            • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

Slide the tile over the fence,cut 5.5",slide back table drop tile then finish cut. If you have a lot of long diagonal cuts their Bridge[overhead rail] saw,25" diagonal, 7" blade, ITEM 92386, would be better,. That also seems to be a best buy at $200 on sale. Even my saw will only cut 24" rip and 16" diagonal. For that style of saw that is usu. the max rip even w. a MK101-24 Pro @$1200.
            Andrew

Comment

• WayneJ
              • Jan 2004
              • Elmwood Park, New Jersey, USA.

The 2 1/2 hp saw don't come with a stand. Its extra, plus the blade is about $60 bucks. The 1 1/2 hp has a stand and a blade. Only down side, I don't think it will cut deep enough for a common brick. HTH
              wayne
              Wayne J

Comment

• mrtoyman
                Forum Newbie
                • Dec 2003

I just bought this saw 2-days ago with a 15% coupon and it was like $ 185.00 out the door.

I have not used it yet but i was really impressed with the finish quality, no rough edges. Hopefully this will be ones of HF Gems.

It does not come with a blade but that's fine because i think you will really need a good quality blade to get the cut you'll be happy with. I intend to use the Ridgid MSUV tool stand for this, that i got from the BORG.

Comment

Working...