• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p8ntblr
    • Jan 2007
    • So Cal
    • Craftsman 22114

22114 - Riving knife / Splitter

Anyone buy a riving knife or after market splitter for the 22114? I looked at (and like) the Shark Guard. But at $147 it's a little more than I was hoping to spend. Another, much cheaper, option I was thinking of was the Micro Jig splitter. I asked about this a while back and it got a thumbs up by a couple of members here. Are there any other companies that make riving knives for this saw?
    -Paul
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

There are no aftermarket riving knives that I'm aware of. Both the splitters you mentioned are viable options. The SG offers more protection, is likely more effective, and DC assistance. The MJ is simpler to use. If you pursue the MJ, I'd suggest their new Pro version.

I had my brother make a splitter from stainless that pops in and out pretty easily on my saw. It works well, although there's nothing to prevent lifting other than the friction of the spring....no issues yet.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Knottscott; 04-10-2007, 05:28 AM.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• p8ntblr
      • Jan 2007
      • So Cal
      • Craftsman 22114

Where did you get the zero clearance? Straight from Sears?
      -Paul

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

That ZCI is UHMW plastic from Peachtree, but they're prone to warping...it's no longer in the saw. Sears does sell a phenolic blank for ~ $29, but you can get a Leecraft phenolic blank lots of places (including Amazon) for ~ $20....any that will fit a left tilt Unisaw will fit the 22124, so I'd assume it'll fit the 22104 and 22114 too.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• niki
          • Nov 2006
          • Poland
          • EB PK255

I don't know your TS model (we don't have it in Poland), but...

I foud one here

and one here

Hope it helps
          niki

Comment

• Habe
            Established Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Indianapolis, IN, USA.

I made my inserts from some 3/8" lexan that I picked up locally. Cut slightly over size using the original insert as a pattern. Then trim with a pattern bit in the router. You will need to route a slot above the blade area to allow the insert to set flush, then crank the blade up to complete the insert.
            Habe

Comment

• hermit
              Established Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Somerset, PA, USA.

I just made 4 inserts from scrap 1/2" mdf. Drilled and tapped for 4 allen screws to level them. Easy and cheap.

Todd

Comment

• drumpriest
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2004
                • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
                • Powermatic PM 2000

Is there no Shark guard for this saw?? Oh, never mind, I see that you looked into it. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but in my experience with it, well worth the money.
                Keith Z. Leonard
                Go Steelers!

Comment

Working...