• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirkroy
    Established Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Brunswick, MD

Value of Ryobi BS1001SV band saw?

The local BORG has a Ryobi BS1001SV in the clearance section marked at $199. That seems pretty high. Any idea what a decent deal on this thing would be?

Thanks!
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

An even better deal, IMO, would be the Sears 10" BS. It retails for $149, but is on sale all the time, recently at $99. I only looked at the Ryobi a little bit, and from what I can remember, the Sears is a better BS for less. Of course, I have the Sears, so I may be biased...
    Joe

Comment

• dramey
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2005
      • Soldotna, AK, USA.

The Ryobi BS1001SV's normal price is $199 at the BORG. I bought the last one they had in Kenai, AK (display model) for $75.00 because it was missing the stand and had a few minor broken parts. I spent $35.00 on parts including shipping and built my own stand. Now I have it working great. This bandsaw comes with roller blade guides for upper and lower blade support and the dust collection works great. they need to give you a better price than $199.00. Talk to the tool department manager of your local BORG.

Comment

• pcombs
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2006

I was also able to get this saw (Display Item) in almost brand new shape (Dusty) for $100. This one had the stand, only missing item was the dust bag (I didn't need it sice I will hook up to shop vac with seperator).

I know it will serve my limited band sawing needs at a good steal. Was goin to get the Sears 10", but this one has gotten good reviews and I got it at a good bargain.
        Last edited by pcombs; 04-11-2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• kirkroy
          Established Member
          • Feb 2007
          • Brunswick, MD

Finally got back by there today. They're sticking with the $199 price for now... What a contrast they are from the locally owned ace hardware I was in yesterday where my brother bought a couple of grills and negotiated a good price on the grills plus covers.

Comment

Working...