X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JC507
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2007

Table Saw Fence Upgrade

I've been considering upgrading my table saw fence from the stock Ridgid 3612 fence to a ???. Not really sure what would be a good fit for this saw, the local Lowes has the Delta T2 fence and rail system for 127.50, maybe this would be a good addition. I would like to stay around the $150 - $175 range if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks for the info.
  • coach
    Established Member
    • Jan 2005
    • Forney, TX.
    • Powermatic 66

I had a Delta contractor saw with the T2, and it was a great fence. It is a T-square fence, very similar to the Beisemeyer.

I also like the unifence. I've heard of some great deals from Lowe's on it as well.

Either way, you will probably have to drill the top on the Ridgid to accept the new fence, but that is no big deal. Cast iron drills pretty easy.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

• p8ntblr
      • Jan 2007
      • So Cal
      • Craftsman 22114

The 3612 has webbed wings right? If so the unifence won't work on it. I'm having the same problem with my 2424.
      -Paul

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

That's a great buy on a T2. About the only other option I'd consider anywhere near that price range is the Vega for another $45. (~ $185 shipped after promo)

http://www.amazon.com/Vega-U26-Table...5250952&sr=8-1
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• eezlock
          • Feb 2006
          • Charlotte,N.C.
          • BT3100

fence upgrade........

Lowe's has the Delta T-2 fence for $150.00 regular price, they might be on sale again like they did a while back for $135.00 and tax. I bought one for my saw and put it on...best thing I've done to the saw in a long while....definately worth the money and you won't regret it! eezlock

Comment

• cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

My choices in buying a "T" square fence would be either a Biesemeyer, or a Unifence, if you can mount it. Or, if you feel energetic and want to save some money, make your own "T" square fence.

Comment

• LarryG
              The Full Monte
              • May 2004
              • Off The Back
              • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

eezlock, do you mean that you put a T2 on a BT3x00? If so ... got any pics?
              Larry

Comment

• asdf
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2006

I got a Vega U50 for $183.62 shipped that was onsale at Amazon. I've been very happy with it, and like the micro adjust feature a lot.

Comment

Working...