• Show
Clear All
  • ragswl4
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Winchester, Ca
    • C-Man 22114

HF 13" Floor Model Drill Press

Thinking of upgrading from 8" bench drill press. Local HF has the 13" Floor Model on sale for $159 (-10% coupon). Anyone out there own one? If so, would like your opinion on the drill press. Thanks.
    RAGS
    Raggy and Me in San Felipe
    sigpic
  • Joe DeFazio
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • Pittsburgh, PA
    • BT3100

Although I don't have that drill press, you might want to consider getting one with a bigger swing. The 13" swing translates to being able to drill a hole 6 1/2" from the edge of a workpiece.

For many types of work, that would be fine. I find that it can be inconvenient for me, though. So, I'm thinking, if you're going to upgrade to a floor model, you might want to go for something a little bigger, since you're giving up the floor space either way, and you probably want to upgrade only once and be done with it.

Then again, the 13" would surely be a big improvement, and if it would meet your needs and no one posts contradictory information about that particular model, it would probably be fine to go for it.

Joe

Comment

• ragswl4
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Winchester, Ca
      • C-Man 22114

Use of Drill Press

Mostly I just make small things, jewelry boxes, mag racks, etc. So the 6 1/2" throat clearance is probably more than enough for my needs. Thanks for the comment and advice.
      RAGS
      Raggy and Me in San Felipe
      sigpic

Comment

• lkazista
        Established Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Nazareth, PA, USA.

I think that is the one that I picked up last year, think I paid $169 for mine.

Works fine, belts adjust easy for speed changes.

I shopped for months, almost went with the one of the Deltas for like $420, but went this way at the last minute, no regrets yet.

Lee

Comment

Working...