Router Enclosure

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • steve-norrell
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 1001
    • The Great Land - Alaska
    • BT3100-1

    #1

    Router Enclosure

    I have a BOSCH router mounted in a lift that is, in turn, mounted on the BT3100. I want to enclose the router and lift for dust containment and will include a 2 1/2 inch vacuum port. I need advice on these issues:

    1. Is there a problem with air cooling of the router motor if it is enclosed? Will the vacuum suction provide enough air movement?

    2. Are they any recommended minimum dimensions of an enclosure other than what will fit around the lift mechanism?

    Thanks in advance for the good advice I know I will get.

    Regards, Steve.
  • Tom Miller
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • 2507
    • Twin Cities, MN
    • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

    #2
    I think if you have enough air for DC, you'll definitely have enough air for ventilation. Don't skimp on space inside the enclosure for the sake of DC. Instead, design a roomier enclosure for good airflow to accommodate DC. If the bottom doesn't have to be horizontal, let gravity help you by making a trough bottom, and put the hose at the low point.

    Regards,
    Tom

    Comment

    Working...