• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abzpress
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2005
    • Pembroke Pines, Fl, USA.

What to do?

I was in a newer Home Depot. They have an AP1300 on display and will let it go for $150.00. The knobs that hold the dust port are bent and there no tools or manual (I can get that on line). Other than that, it looks new. Should I go for it?

UPDATE: I went back this evening and got it for $150.00. Then started working the manager to match the online price for the Rigid jointer. I got a "Not going to happen" responce.
    So I go to another BORG ( there are 4 within 10 minutes of my house) and went thru the whole "match the internet price" thing again, not gona happen. So I go thru the tool section on my way out, and there it was, NIB an AP1300. This is the same HD with 5 BT-3100's, 1 display and 4 NIB.
    Last edited by abzpress; 01-03-2007, 07:21 PM.
    abzpress

Where ever you go, there you are!
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Ymmv

I've had supurb luck with Ryobi's c/s support. A few years ago I purchased an OSS which was missing some of the sanding sleves and drums. One call to Ryobi and the replacement parts were on the way! They not only sent me what was missing but sent me the complete set of drums (spindles). For $150 methinks you will do OK.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

AP1300 as in the Ridgid? If so, get off the PC and get into your car! Better yet, get on the phone and hold it with a CC...
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• abzpress
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2005

Believe me, if it was the Ridgid, it would have been in my van so fast, there would have been sonic booms, and this would have been an entirely different post.

It's the RYOBI.
        abzpress

Comment

• JSCOOK
          • Sep 2006
          • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
          • Ryobi BT3100-1

Ryobi's CS is been great to me even being up here in Canada ... price out your other options and see if $150 is a deal ... I'm sure Ryobi would send you the parts that are damaged/missing ... YMMV
          "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn". by C.S. Lewis

Comment

• abzpress
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2005

bump.......
            abzpress

Comment

Working...