• Show
Clear All
  • lcm1947
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Austin, Texas
    • BT 3100-1

Any Delta 36-830LA TS owners out there?

Well, I was really looking at the Ridgid TS for $540.00 but after thinking about it I decided against it. No riving knife and poor dust control due to the motor hanging out the back. Anyway I was in the Woodcraft store yesterday and was talking to them about saws and they suggested in the $1000.00 price range that the Delta about would be a really good one. I like the idea of a repair shop being here in town in case something happens and it sounds like they would back up the purchase if I ever did have problems with it. Anybody own this saw or have input about it. This may very well be my next saw if reviews are good on it but I always like to hear what existing owners have to say about a tool so wanted to ask here before doing anything.
    May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac
  • Hellrazor
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Abyss, PA
    • Ridgid R4512

My 2cents if it was my decision: Riving knives, better dust collection and motor placement doesn't make up the $500 price difference. Buy a Shark Guard for it and save the $$.

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • SoCal, USA
      • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

The rifing knife will limit your selection to much higher priced saws,SawStop,PM2K, Grizz 12"(new model) Delta does not have that feature. That was one reason I bought the BT3K. I wish my 22124 had one.
      Again, if they would make a better constructed BT type saw it would be a homerun.
      I had a ts3650 and was not all that impressed.
      Andrew

Comment

• onedash
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2005
        • Maryland
        • Craftsman 22124

You could have gotten the Craftsman version on Black Friday for $800 I think.
        YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• lcm1947
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Austin, Texas
          • BT 3100-1

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I was not aware that Lee built the Shark for the Ridgid but will immediately check into that. According to the salesman the Delta does have a place to put a riving knife in. I'll double check that feature since it's one of the most important to me.
          May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

Working...