• Show
Clear All
  • niki
    • Nov 2006
    • Poland
    • EB PK255

"Skirting" the ROS

Good day

I made a "skirt" for my ROS and now I have "no dust" sanding.

I had to glue 2 layers of Weather tape around so the skirt will not interfere with the oscillation.

Regards
    niki

• niki
    • Nov 2006
    • Poland
    • EB PK255

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

Don't even think about leaving. You're here for life! Cool tip. Thanks.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• MilDoc

Very nice solution! You have a very creative mind. Just what do you do for a living?

Comment

• lcm1947
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Austin, Texas
          • BT 3100-1

That is fantastic Niki. Winter is coming to Texas ( I assume ) and as I'll be indoors due to the cold I always hate the dust build up be it for the mess it makes or the health considerations. So since the ROS is my sander of choice this should prove very helpful. Great and creative idea - again. Thank you.
          May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• niki
            • Nov 2006
            • Poland
            • EB PK255

Thank you so much, I'm glad that you guys like it.

When I started the hobby in Japan, I worked in one room of the mansion and I could not "afford" all the dust so every machine and tool has dust port (look at my CS, I made the dust port for the same reason.

Now, I'm working in the garage but most of the time with closed door and those small dust particles are killer. Beside the dust port on every tool, I'm vacuuming the floor from time to time (I mean after sawing or routing) just not to raise the dust to the air.

Paul
            I retired (from my own will) at the age of 56 (6 years ago) and since than I have all the time in the world for my hobby (except some house duties).

niki

Comment

• MilDoc

Originally posted by niki
              Paul
              I retired (from my own will) at the age of 56 (6 years ago) and since than I have all the time in the world for my hobby (except some house duties).
              niki
              I envy your retirement. Got a couple of years to go myself. But your creativity and DIY personality makes me think you were an engineer, graphic designer, or some such, while I'm lucky to get a straight line with a ruler.

Comment

• LarryG
                The Full Monte
                • May 2004
                • Off The Back
                • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Originally posted by MilDoc
                But your creativity and DIY personality makes me think you were an engineer, graphic designer, or some such
                There's a saying with which you might be familiar: "The greatest inventions come from the laziest people, because they're the ones who are always looking for an easier way."

If that's true, then our new friend niki must be the laziest man alive.
                Larry

Comment

• niki
                  • Nov 2006
                  • Poland
                  • EB PK255

Paul
                  I can not even make a straight cut with hand saw not to talk about hand planer.
                  My hand skills are somewhere around the zero that's why I make all those aids and use machines

Larry
                  I hate to admit it, but you are soooo correct (not "the layziest" but very close to it) .
                  But there is another saying "Necessity, the mother of invention"

Regards
                  niki

Comment

• stav
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jun 2005
                    • Orlando, FL, USA.

That is cool.

You need to go into the tool making business with all the good ideas you come up with.

Comment

Working...