• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JTimmons
    • Feb 2005
    • Denver, CO.
    • Grizzly 1023SLX, Ryobi BT3100

Another Christmas Gloat

LOML wakes up this morning and says she's going xmas shopping for me. I had dropped hints about the Ridgid spindle sander and the 15" drill press throughout the last couple of weeks.

The night before we were discussing wants and where they were sold. I bet her she didn't pay attention to anything I said and I was right. She responded Lowes for the drill press and the thing a majiggie .

This morning off to HD we went. After seeing the weight of the drill press she suggested that we take it home right then and there along with the spindle sander. (she didn't have to tell me twice, I disappeared before she knew it and returned with a flatbed)

Yessir, will be setting up the DP and sander in the morning when I get off from work.
    "Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill."
    -- Johnny Carson
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Sounds like you need to keep her around, at least long enough to get your shop completely outfitted!
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

You wouldn't want to loan her out for a short while, would you? I'd be happy with just a jointer. Enjoy what Santa brought.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• TheRic
        • Jun 2004
        • West Central Ohio
        • bt3100

Yea, I found out it's better to make a list of the exact model number, store names that carry it, and normal price / sale price. The odds are better when I do that.
        Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• JR
          The Full Monte
          • Feb 2004
          • Eugene, OR
          • BT3000

I'm dying from the Christmas gloats.

"We" got new kitchen appliances for Christmas.

Not only that, but my normally-generous mother forgot my birthday a couple of weeks ago (at age 80+ she's not a sharp as she once was). I usually can squeeze a little sumphin' for Johnny out of that.

Humbug.

Not really. I take it back. I hope you all get what's on your list. Particularly peace and happiness.

Merry Christmas everyone!

JR
          JR

Comment

Working...