X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Navycraig
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2006

Dado Blade Set

Still really new to this site and picking up on a lot of great advice/tips.
    I'm in the market for a Dado blade set for my 3100 and in the reading I have done so far it seems that the Freud SD206 gets good reviews. I am trying to find out where to buy them and what to expect to pay. I checked e-bay, but could only find 8" sets.
    Any help appreciated.
    Craig
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Amazon is one place you can find that set. Their price is a little on the high side right now at $95.46 but I've seen it as low $65.00.

Comment

• gjat
      • Nov 2005
      • Valrico (Tampa), Florida.
      • BT3100

You only want a 6" or 8" set. The 10" blade is to cut thick wood. You aren't cutting thick wood with a dado, only a groove.
      (I made the same mistake when I started out.)
      A 6" set would work if the arbor raises enough. At most, you may only need to cut a 3/4" deep groove, and that you would probably do in stages.
      A 'stackable' dado set is usually best for most stable cut. The 'wobble' type are supposed to be easiest to adjust.
      My preference is stackable, and I have a cheapo set that I take care of and keep clean. I paid less than $40 for it and have no problems and it hasn't gotten dull.

Comment

• gmack5
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

Read this, please

Some of the guys have had a CLEARANCE problem with the 8" stackable Dado sets, not always, but often enough to be of more than just a passing concern.

The SD206 Stackable Dado is a well respected 6" Dado Blade Set and has never, to my knowledge, caused any problems.

It is not a cheap set, is available from Amazon.com, and I'm not sure of the price, presently.

A "wobble" Dado set is NOT recommended for use on the BT series of Table Saws. It realy makes the Saw shake, rattle and roll way too much!

Hope this info helps, and WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!
        Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
        Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
        George

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Sites like Froogle.com and Toolseeker.com can help find the better prices, though they're not always up to date.

It seems that the 6" is a better choice for the BT. If you decide to get an 8" instead, check into the DeWalt DW7670....It replaced a very good SD208 and I'm impressed.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...