• Show
Clear All
  • Howard
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Plano, Tx.
    • Laguna Platinum Series - sold my BT!

any Festool owners out there???

This discussion got a lot of play over at Woodnet so I thought I would ask here. I'm looking at getting a model 1400 router along with the guide system. Anyone have the same setup? Was it worth the extra cost?
    Howard, the Plano BT3'r.

Confucious say, "Man who get too big for britches will be exposed in the end."

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
    - Mark Twain
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

I have the Eurekazone system. People argue over the Fes verse Eu all the time, I think either would make you happy (advantages and dis to both). Bought the Eureka system in 2004, long before I knew about Festool, although that wouldn't have been in my budget. Now I am using it a lot more.

You also might look at sawmillcreek. Lot's of Festool owners and one retailer over there.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• padboy
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2005
      • Roscommon, Michigan, USA.

I personally have no direct experience with Festools,altho I have the impression from reading their advertising,that they're rather overpriced compared to the brands of tools that are currently available. Another pet peeve of mine regarding Festools, is their "systems" approach. They apparently have designed most of their tools to be used only in conjunction with accessories made specifically by Festool for Festool. I had put off buying a Bosch jig saw for several years because at the time, the specially shaped replacement blades were not readily available in my area. That is no longer a problem.

Comment

Working...