craftsman table saw 113.226830

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gettools
    Established Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 161
    • Fort Worth, Texas
    • BT3100

    #1

    craftsman table saw 113.226830

    I am looking for information on a sears craftsman saw # 113.226830 a friend of mine has it for sale & I am looking for advice & a picture of the saw. he lives in another town so i cant see it. he wants $250.00
    Last edited by gettools; 10-18-2006, 09:03 AM.
    Mark

    A chip on the sholder is a sign of wood further up !!!!
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • 5636
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

    #2
    If you go to the Sears site you can find a parts diagram in the "Parts" section. http://www3.sears.com/
    JR

    Comment

    • Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • 3815
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

      #3
      I know the 113.226830 is made by Emerson, has grated wings, and is 1-1/2hp. Based on the exploded diagrams on Sears site, it looks very similar to most other Emerson made saws like the 113.298240...I've bought 3 of of those and all were $100 or less for a full size cast iron contractor saw with 1hp belt drive induction motor and steel wings. The one for $100 had a nice Vega fence on it (the fence retails for $200).

      The stock fence on those Emerson saws was terrible. Emerson stopped making saws for Sears around 1997, so it's at least 10 years old. $250 seems high unless it's like new and has some upgrades like an aftermarket fence, solid cast iron wings, and/or a mobile base or some other extras (like good blades) to justify the cost. I'd think you can do better for that kind of money.

      Last edited by Knottscott; 10-18-2006, 10:37 AM.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

      Comment

      • gettools
        Established Member
        • Sep 2006
        • 161
        • Fort Worth, Texas
        • BT3100

        #4
        Thanks for your replys, I am still trying to find a good picture
        Mark

        A chip on the sholder is a sign of wood further up !!!!

        Comment

        • gjat
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2005
          • 686
          • Valrico (Tampa), Florida.
          • BT3100

          #5
          Try www.owwm.com (Old Wood Working Machines). It's a Craftsman, made by Emmerson. I'm guessing it's late 70's to early 80's. I don't think it's worth $200 bucks, though.

          Comment

          • mrojec
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2006
            • 63
            • Englewood, CO
            • Ryobi BT3000 (for now)

            #6
            $250 seems high to me, too. I bought a 70's vintage Sears table saw recently for $35 from Craig's List. It's pretty basic but bulletproof. The rip fence is junk, but I can always get a better one later on.

            Comment

            Working...