• Show
Clear All
  • bmyers
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2003
    • Fishkill, NY
    • bt 3100

Speaking of Craftsman, Seen this yet?

I have access to one of these as sold by the original company. They are starting to sell them now through Sears. Pretty cool little machine although a little pricey, it's still a very cheap way to get your CNC feet wet..

You can think of it as a printer for wood. Import a JPG, print it out on wood. Great for signs and stuff..

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00921754000
    "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"
  • paulstenlund
    Established Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Puget Island, Wa.

Someone was building a CNC setup ( I think Lee ) How about an update onthat project?

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

Originally posted by paulstenlund
      Someone was building a CNC setup ( I think Lee ) How about an update onthat project?
      I works great.

http://www.leestyron.com/cncrouter.php
      Lee

Comment

• cgallery
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2004
        • Milwaukee, WI
        • BT3K

I have a small three axis CNC router I cobbled together from components purchased from eBay and Xylotex a couple of years ago. I justified it because some of the components I need for data recovery (head combs, stack jacks, etc.) aren't commercially available. I thought I would use it all the time but I put it together, make the components I needed, and it has sat there pretty much ever since. Sometimes I turn it on and "drive it around." But I'm waiting for another use for it.

Mine is a gantry-style w/ 12-inch wide machining. Kinda limited for woodworking.

Comment

• MBG
          • Apr 2003
          • Chicago, Illinois.
          • Craftsman 21829

I saw in a recent ww magazing that they are also coming out with a built in digital readout.

Comment

• bmyers
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2003
            • Fishkill, NY
            • bt 3100

Someday, I'll make a home-brew CNC. I'd just enjoy the project. Gantry style CNCs are on the large side if they are of a useful operating size. This little guy is about the size of a 13" planer. It uses feed belts and moves the piece rather than a gantry moving around so it can do pretty large signs and stuff.

MGB, do you recall the mag? I'd be interested to see it. I think you mean digital scanner. This option lets you feed in a molding lets say or a sign and scan it in to the machine. It can then reproduce the piece it scanned.

That's a $300 attachment that they are coming out with.

Here is a clock face I "made"...
            Attached Files
            "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"

Comment

Working...