I brushed-off and cleaned-up my old General 8" circle cutting last night. I sharpened the cutter on my diamond stone. And then I cut a 6" hole in some 3/4" plywood. With the DP set at 500-RPM, it cut a nice, smooth hole. However, the cutter does get so hot that is discolors. I take it slow, stopping every now and then. I figured someone should make a carbide tip for this thing. Then I saw this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120023364685
They look like they will replace the General cutting bit. Several different types of cutters (only a couple of them apply for cutting circles and holes), but all the inserts are interchangeable. Could be interesting.
I know a few of you use these circle cutters, I'll let you know how these work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120023364685
They look like they will replace the General cutting bit. Several different types of cutters (only a couple of them apply for cutting circles and holes), but all the inserts are interchangeable. Could be interesting.
I know a few of you use these circle cutters, I'll let you know how these work.
