• Show
Clear All
  • dbray
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2006
    • Bedford NS
    • BT3000

Akeda jig - now that's service

A couple of months ago I picked up the Akeda jig. Not only did it work great right out of the box but I just emailed the President of the company, I'm trying to find a bushing that got damaged, totally my fault. He emailed back within hours and asked for my address, he told me he would throw a couple in the mail, no charge. Now that is after sales service.

This is a quote from Kevan Lear the president of the company "AKEDA was forced to shut down for a year, due to our Canadian manufacturer failing to resolve an internal manufacturing problem and produce product. Woodcraft knew what was happening, and offered to buy up all our inventory. We've since transferred manufacture to a new supplier, and we'll have product shortly. Also we'll be launching two new products, one in September and another in January."

The jig does Through dovetails, Half blind dovetails, Box joints, Shadow dovetails, Sliding dovetails, End-on-end dovetails, Angled dovetails. I don't even know what all these are but I'm looking forward to finding out. Oh ya, it also has an awsome dust collection system, something I really wanted on a routing system.

I know it's expensive but I got a great deal on it at Woodcraft. One of the best jigs I've ever bought.

Regards, Daryl
    I never seem to make anything but saw dust.
    Daryl in Nova Scotia
  • brooks
    Established Member
    • May 2006

I don't even know what some of those dovetails look like - shadow? end on end?

Comment

• allen
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2005
      • Florida.

After closing time last Christmas Kevan Lear received an email from me about a couple of FREE bits that I had not received. He said that he had some in his desk and would go back down to the office and see if he could fire them off to me. Can you believe that? Offering to go to work after closing for the Christmas hollidays. Off course I declined as they were just replacements anyway. I would have declined in any case. What service!!!!!

A teriffic dovetail jig in all respects.

Allen

Comment

Working...