• Show
Clear All
  • Turaj
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    • BT3000 (1998)

Falcon #6 Handplane

Any info or where to get info is greatly appreciated! It is available for $8 but it is about 20Km drive each way

Click image for larger version

Name:	#6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	789363
    Turaj (in Toronto)
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

With the price of gas you are probably much better off just having it shipped if the seller is wiling.

Comment

• mschrank
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2004
      • Hood River, OR, USA.
      • BT3000

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
      With the price of gas you are probably much better off just having it shipped if the seller is wiling.
      20Km = 12.5 miles, assuming the "Km" is short for "kilometers" and not K=1000 and m=miles
      Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by mschrank
        20Km = 12.5 miles, assuming the "Km" is short for "kilometers" and not K=1000 and m=miles
        I try really hard. I was using 2.2 as multiplier thinking of Kilo to Lb! LOL!

Comment

• Turaj
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • BT3000 (1998)

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
          Unfortunately no shipping I may have to take my wife for a road trip that happens to go that way
          Turaj (in Toronto)

Comment

• Turaj
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • BT3000 (1998)

Originally posted by mschrank
            There may be a "Falcon Tool Company" overseas but 20,000 miles is a very long way to go for a plane

The real problem is that we have a long weekend here in Ontarion and everybody is going that direction and cause a big mess of traffic I am still trying to figure out if this thing is worthed.
            Turaj (in Toronto)

Comment

• mschrank
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2004
              • Hood River, OR, USA.
              • BT3000

Looks like nobody is familiar with this plane.

If it were me, I'd probably drive over and pick it up. I know nothing about tuning/sharpening a plane to make it usable, so an old cheap plane might be a good one to practice on. If it turns out to be a dog, it would at least make a cool looking shop ornament to hang on the wall.
              Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• Kristofor
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2004
                • Twin Cities, MN
                • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

Originally posted by Turaj
                There may be a "Falcon Tool Company" overseas but 20,000 miles is a very long way to go for a plane
                Particularly when going the "other" way would knock that down under 5,000...

I agree with mschrank, for that price it's decent practice if nothing else.

Kristofor.

Comment

Working...