Clear All
  • agent511
    Established Member
    • Jun 2005
    • Philadelphia
    • TS3650

Air Compresssor questions

Deleted message. Nevermind.
    Last edited by agent511; 07-20-2006, 09:03 PM.
    darksider
  • allen
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2005
    • Florida.

That can be a HVLP gun. There are two types that have the canister on the bottom, siphon feed and pressure feed. The ones with the canister on the top are gravity feed guns.

Is the compressor an oil less one? If so I might discount it but the price is low enough that it might be worth it. The price with everything included would worry me. I would expect low quality on everything included which could lead to a lot of frustration. I would think that you would be better off getting a low cost gun such as the PC PSH1 gravity feed gun (about $65 at amazon) or an Astro from spraygunworld and get a little better compressor.

To see if the compressor will handle the gun look at the required air flow that the gun requires and then look at the output of the compressor. If the compressor puts out the same or more then it should be satisfactory. If the compressor output is less you will have to wait from time to time for the compressor to catch up. That small of a tank will not hold much reserve air.

For a lot of information on spray equipment and requirements take a look at spraygunworld.com. You can learn a lot there.

Good luck! Allen

P.S. I have no connection with amazon or spraygunworld other than as a consumer.

Comment

• agent511
      Established Member
      • Jun 2005
      • Philadelphia
      • TS3650

Thanks for the great answer. I deleted my question minutes after I posted it, so you must have seen it immediately. Sorry to put you to all that work, but I agree on all your conclusions. It was an oil-less compressor, BTW.

I had also posted in Bargain alerts. I was told there that the compressor was on the small size. I did some research and came up with the same conclusion.

I thought is was a huge tank compared to my pancake compressor for my nail guns, so I jumped on it. But it really would work for HVLP only on a mini-gun, which lends itself more to model work, and I would always be sorry with my purchase.
      So I just did an expert repacking and retaping job, and it will go back tomorrow. I always pride myself on my returns - that it is a sgood as new, with every paper back in place exactly as it came out. Unfortunately, to save my back, I had cut down the full lengtheof the carton on two sides to make for easier removal of the tank, right on its own wheels. So "that was a whole lot of taping going on..."
      darksider

Comment

• allen
        Forum Newbie
        • Jul 2005
        • Florida.

Thanks for answering back!!!!! I think that you made the right choice. Sorry about the repacking ordeal.

Allen

Comment

Working...