Bosch 1617EVSPK problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RJD2
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • 57

    #1

    Bosch 1617EVSPK problem

    My Bosch 1617EVSPK has been problem free since it was purchased two years ago. However, I turned it on today and it came on full speed even though the variable speed control was set at three. Now I am unable to reduce the speed, and was wondering if anyone could provide me with info concerning what might be wrong before it is taken to a repair center?
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • 15216
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

    #2
    Sounds like it's in the variable speed switch. You might try cleaning the switch innards before you take it in for repair.



    "I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"

    Comment

    • Tom Hintz
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2004
      • 549
      • Concord, NC, USA.

      #3
      Being as this is an electronic speed control that is varied by circuitry rather than any kind of mechanical device, I susepct the only answer is replacing that chip or board.
      All of the reports I have gotten regarding Bosch service has been positive (OK, there was one guy whose router bounced out of his truck on the highway and he couldn't believe Bosch wouldn't replace it free......) so I would encourage taking it in and letting the pros make it right.
      Tom Hintz
      NewWoodworker.com LLC

      Comment

      Working...