JessEm Miter-R-Excel

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RonT
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2006
    • 30
    • Florida
    • Old Craftsman

    #1

    JessEm Miter-R-Excel

    This precision miter gauge looks sweet:

    http://www.jessem.com/mite_r_excel.htm

    Looks like one could do away a sled and/or slide table. Does anyone have experience with this new gauge? Is it worth the money and would you buy it again?
  • bigsteel15
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 1079
    • Edmonton, AB
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #2
    Check one out in person...It IS sweet.
    Even better if you happen to have a Darkside Saw is this one
    http://www.jessem.com/mast_r_slide.htm

    When I finally get my mobile base and top finished, there is a mite-r-excel in my future.
    I think it is a lot nicer than the Kreg, though not a whole lot more $.
    Brian

    Welcome to the school of life
    Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

    Comment

    • coach
      Established Member
      • Dec 2004
      • 317
      • Forney, TX.
      • Powermatic 66

      #3
      I've had mine since last Christmas, and I won't trade it for anything. It is an excellent gauge. Once set up accurately, there is no need to measure for cut-offs anymore. The Jessem holds its settings and far exceeds my expectations.
      If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

      Comment

      • RodKirby
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • 3136
        • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
        • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

        #4
        I can't see prices anywhere on the links
        Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

        Comment

        • coach
          Established Member
          • Dec 2004
          • 317
          • Forney, TX.
          • Powermatic 66

          #5
          Rod, I think the going rate for the Mite-R-Excel is $230US. I got a blue one at Rockler for $150, as I hit the right combination of sales and coupons at the right time. The lowest I've seen them discounted other than that was ~$200 at WoodCraft.

          When I bought this gauge, I had just bought the Incra 1000se a couple weeks earlier at WoodCraft. It didn't take but a glance to decide which one I liked better. Now that I have owned and used the Jessem for a while, I think it is probably worth the asking price..... but there's nothing wrong with getting a bargain.
          If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

          Comment

          • MBG
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2003
            • 945
            • Chicago, Illinois.
            • Craftsman 21829

            #6
            Over the past 6-months I bought these:

            1000SE: http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiter1kse.html

            MiterExpress: http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiterexpress.html

            They are an excellent combo. I watched the prices on these and got the 1000SE for under $90 on Amazon and the Express @ Rockler for about the same price. I applied them to my dark-side saw - guess I was too used to having a sliding table on the TS. I should also add that since I purchased a quality/repeatable miter gauge I don't need to use my SCMS as much. This saves me time by not having to take out two saws as often in my garage shop.

            Comment

            Working...