• Show
Clear All
  • BrazosJake
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Benbrook, TX.
    • Emerson-built Craftsman

Dust collection for PC743 Circ Saw

I know lotsa folks out here use the 743/347 saws and was wondering if anyone had run DC to the little 1" ID port or otherwise set one up for vacuum or DC.

If so, how'd ya do it?

Thanks!
  • dedaddy
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Dallastown, PA, USA.
    • Jet SuperSaw w/sliding table and jointech fence

I used some homemade adapters to connect my Fein shop vac to my PC. It works much better if you put a little "skirt" on the front of the saw to direct air flow. The dust port feature of this saw is why I bought it.
    Lee
    =============
    I live in my own little world. That's OK. Everybody there knows me!!

Comment

• BrazosJake
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Benbrook, TX.
      • Emerson-built Craftsman

Thanks, DD. Was wondering if vacuuming the port would do it, or if I needed a sweep in front of the blade.

I found 3/4" pvc just about the right outside diameter to fit the PC's dust port, just a hair over 1" (may have to shave it a bit).

Trying to come up with a solution for it and my pc router, which has a 1" OD dust port. After spending a couple hours at the borg running from plumbing to electric to shop vac ailses and test fitting every pvc pipe, hose, and adapter I could find, I came across 1" ID flexible spa hose. Perfect for the router port, and the 3/4" pvc fits it good & tight. Unfortunately, HD's 1 1/4" shop vac hose adapters are about 1 1/8" OD, while the spa hose's OD is 1 1/4", but a 1" PVC coupling joins the spa hose and shop vac adapter pretty well.

Comment

Working...