• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnesmith
    • Jan 2003
    • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Any have the PC 42690 Edge Guide?

This one:

I've misplaced the 2 screws that hold the guide to the base of my PC 690. Can't recall what they look like. Could someone describe them to me, or even snap a pic?

I think it would help me sort through the mass of miscellaneous parts I have here and there.

Thanks in advance!
    John
  • Tom Hintz
    • Feb 2004
    • Concord, NC, USA.

John,
    Those screws are just plain round head screws, maybe a little more than 1/2"-long. They screw into the base on top of the bosses in which the rods of the fence go into. I forget the thread size, but it's common as I keep having to find new screws for mine every time I use it!
    Tom Hintz
    NewWoodworker.com LLC

Comment

• jnesmith
      • Jan 2003
      • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Thanks Tom. I couldn't remember. I thought it might take some special faster that I needed to find.
      John

Comment

• dwolsten
        Established Member
        • Sep 2004
        • Chandler, AZ, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

I have this guide too. Tom's right: they're nothing special. Just get something about the right length and the correct thread size.

Sorry to thread-jack, but how do other people find this guide? I've tried using the micro-adjuster, and it doesn't seem to work right. I bought it used with no instructions, but it seems like you'd lock down one thumbscrew, then turn the microadjuster to fine-tune the position of the edge guide. But on mine, it won't turn at all this way; I have to loosen both thumbscrews.

Comment

• Tom Hintz
          • Feb 2004
          • Concord, NC, USA.

See the link below for my review of this router guide. maybe there is something there that will shed some light on its operation.
          I have no trouble with mine and like the fine adjustment feature.

Tom Hintz
          NewWoodworker.com LLC

Comment

• JimD
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2003
            • Lexington, SC.

I also like this guide. The price for mine was also good - free. PC was running a promotion when I bought my second PC690 (a newer model with variable speed and 3 bases).

I agree the screws are nothing special but they seem larger to me than appropriate for the holes they go in. That is all I remember about the size. I believe they are bigger than 10-24 which I think is the size for the screws that hold the base plate on. They have a phillips head if that helps. I always find them a little difficult to get started.

Jim

Comment

• Tamarack
              Established Member
              • Oct 2003
              • Speedwell, TN USA
              • BT3100

Oddly enough, the corresponding setscrews for the edgeguide for the bigger PC routers is a three winged thumbscrew. I want to convert to them if possible, but the PC website parts list doesn't show them. You can see them on the edgeguides for sale at Woodcraft, but their salesclerk couldn't find a part number either. If anyone here can supply a source for these, I would really appreciate it.

Paul in Idaho

Comment

Working...