Replacement vials for old Stanley combi. square?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • 4503
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

    #1

    Replacement vials for old Stanley combi. square?

    I have an old Stanley No. 22 12" combination square. It has been in the family for many years and is dead-square. It has a machined cast-iron head and I think the blade is hardened. Made when Stanley was quality.

    Every couple of years I clean the blade with plastic wool and wax it all up. But one thing has bothered my: One of the vials for level has been broken for a long time, probably before I got it. Can I purchase these little bubble vials somewhere and replace it? I don't really use it for level, but would like to keep it in good shape and who knows, may actually find it handy to have.

    Besides, one of my kids will probably get it some day and I want to keep it nice. :-)

    Thanks,
    Phil
Working...