Using Card Scrapers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kwgeorge
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • 1419
    • Alvin, TX, USA.

    #1

    Using Card Scrapers

    Here not to long ago I received a PM from a member here asking me about some information on my scraping. Well just being me I responded back with a PM with what I hope would answer the questions. (Did you know there is a 5000 character limit in a PM here?) With that and some responses back and forth I decided to create a bit of a tutorial on what I do. (I also have been asked about this at work and other places also)

    Now long time scraper users here may think things should be done a bit differently or not like something I did in here at all but hey, it works for me and very well.

    So anyhow if you are interested and have time to kill;

    http://www.theturnersshop.com/woodwo.../card/cs1.html

    Ken
  • Tamarack
    Established Member
    • Oct 2003
    • 199
    • Speedwell, TN USA
    • BT3100

    #2
    Thank you very much, this is a very good tutorial! You made it clear and simple so now I'm sure I can use this tool, and look forward to buying (probably from Lee Valley).

    Paul in Idaho

    Comment

    • bigsteel15
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2006
      • 1079
      • Edmonton, AB
      • Ryobi BT3100

      #3
      Awesome information Ken.
      Thank you very much for posting.
      I tried scraping the other day for the first time just to get some trim even to a cabinet and was very impressed by how easy it was and the beautiful finish it left. I was just using the LV scrapers right out of the package. Effortless!!!
      Brian

      Welcome to the school of life
      Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

      Comment

      • Ken Weaver
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • 2417
        • Clemson, SC, USA
        • Rigid TS3650

        #4
        Thanks Ken - well done.
        Ken Weaver
        Clemson, SC

        "A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

        Comment

        • Ken Massingale
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • 3862
          • Liberty, SC, USA.
          • Ridgid TS3650

          #5
          Another well done tutorial, Kenneth. I vary some from your preparation procedures, but I bet we don't brush our teeth the same either.
          Thanks for making that available, the link to it and your other tutorials should be 'sticky' somewhere on this forum.
          ken

          Comment

          • kwgeorge
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • 1419
            • Alvin, TX, USA.

            #6
            I here ya Ken, that why I kind of put a caveat on it. When you go looking around at cabinet scrapers for information you will shortly find that there is so many different ways to get to the same place it is confusing. What I show is the way I settled on for preparing mine. I can take a scraper that has gone dull on me and have it back in service in a mater of minutes.

            Anyhow, glad you guys enjoyed it.

            Ken

            Comment

            Working...