Router Poll 2: What Types Do You Own?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • 6693
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

    #1

    Router Poll 2: What Types Do You Own?

    This is the second in a series of polls I'm conducting about routers.

    In the first poll, I asked what brands of routers you own. In this one, I'd like to know what types of routers you own -- fixed base, plunge, two-base-kit, etc -- and how you use them.

    Please check all that apply. Also, note that the final choice concerns collet size. If your router(s) will accept 1/4" shanks ONLY, please check this box. If you own multiple routers and any of them will accept 1/2" shanks, leave this box blank.

    Again, your participation is appreciated!
    382
    fixed-base router, used handheld only
    11.26%
    43
    fixed-base router, used in table only
    9.69%
    37
    fixed-base router, split between handheld and table
    5.24%
    20
    plunge router, used handheld only
    10.21%
    39
    plunge router, used in table only
    11.26%
    43
    plunge router, split between handheld and table
    4.97%
    19
    two- or three-base kit, used handheld only
    10.99%
    42
    two- or three-base kit, split between handheld and table
    17.80%
    68
    motor cylinder only, mounted in a lift
    1.57%
    6
    laminate trimmer or palm router
    9.42%
    36
    I have at least one router dedicated to a specific use (dovetailing, etc)
    6.02%
    23
    My router(s) will accept 1/4" shank bits ONLY
    1.57%
    6

    The poll is expired.

    Larry
  • Wood_workur
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • 1914
    • Ohio
    • Ryobi bt3100-1

    #2
    Hey Larry- for the third poll, how about "what would be your first choice for a router acessory" where if a person was given a fixed-base 1/2" router, they had to choose an acessory (edge guide, table, plunge base, lift, ect)
    Alex

    Comment

    • crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • 10627
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

      #3
      Larry, you gonna publish the results or something when you get your polls done?
      David

      The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

      Comment

      • Wood_workur
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2005
        • 1914
        • Ohio
        • Ryobi bt3100-1

        #4
        Originally posted by crokett
        Larry, you gonna publish the results or something when you get your polls done?
        yeah, and we are then going to have a big book signing event too... Assuming he can make the book small enought for us to even carry. (imagines a giant book, the size of a small house...)
        Alex

        Comment

        • LarryG
          The Full Monte
          • May 2004
          • 6693
          • Off The Back
          • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

          #5
          Alex: I already know what Poll #3 is going to be, but your accessory-wish suggestion could fershure go into another one.

          David: At the moment I'm not 100% certain where this is headed. Loring covers routers in his FAQ, but with as much discussion as there is about them I thought they might warrant either an FAQ of their own, or perhaps a write-up for the Articles section. I won't know until the polls are complete and I have a chance to analyze the data, to see if there's anything revealed that Loring hasn't already covered.
          Larry

          Comment

          Working...