• Show
Clear All
  • RmeDad
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Scottsdale, AZ
    • BT3100-1

Question about Tool Dock TD300CH Router Station

Anyone have experience with this product? I have the opportunity to pick a lightly used (3 months) one up at a very good price ($75), but I have no prior knowledge of this station.

Any comments regarding this unit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by RmeDad; 05-15-2006, 08:13 AM.
    Jack

Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"
  • dedaddy
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Dallastown, PA, USA.
    • Jet SuperSaw w/sliding table and jointech fence

I have this router table. It has a good thick top and is roomy below. Dust collection is not so good until I installed 4" connection. The fence is so-so. I installed a Jointech superfence and an old IPM positioner. The router opening is not standard if you want to install a lift. I use a Milwaukee 5625 router that has built in above table adjuster to it does not matter. For $75 it is a good deal. The thing weighs 125# so be prepared to take it apart or have some strong dumb relatives to move up and down stairs. It has built in rollers.
    Lee
    =============
    I live in my own little world. That's OK. Everybody there knows me!!

Comment

• Bollox
      Established Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Indianapolis, IN, USA.

I have this router table too. Its OK and $75 is a good price.
      I ended up putting levelling screws in the plate to, well, level the plate, and I also put a mitre slot into the table.
      One thing I dont like is that the table has big rounded corners and the edges are finished with T moulding, all of which prevents you using any sleds that would hook over the edge of the table (hence the mitre slot). I also had to shave a little off the T moulding in a few places where it was slightly proud of the table surface.
      The fence is OK but presently I am using an incra (Rockler) deal instead. I also havent managed to get effective dust collection in the cabinet itself yet.
      Otherwise its worked for me.
      Mike

Comment

• JSUPreston
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Montgomery, AL.
        • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Rme, I haven't forgotten about you. I just got really behind on things. I've got that old Skil router table packed up if you are still interested. If not, I think a local church is going to take a bunch of stuff to New Orleans for workers. I'm going to send down an old 10" tablesaw and 10" miter saw, since I upgraded to new ones the past couple of Chirstmases. I'll also send the Skil table and router, to give me an excuse to buy a new one.
        "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

Working...