• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill in PA
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2005
    • Upper Darby, PA.

Manual for old RAS

Does anyone have the manual for the Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Model #113.29461 they can part with or make a copy of?
    Bill
  • Holbren
    • Oct 2004
    • Heathrow, FL.

If you didn't know about the recall, read this.

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

Can't help on the manual though.
    Brian
    Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
    "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
    www.holbren.com

Comment

• scorrpio
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Call the phone numbers listed in that link - just tell them your model, and they'll ship you a manual for free. Yeah - and be sure to check if you are eligible for a blade guard upgrade. I recently acquired an old Craftsman RAS, called that site, and got my new table/blade guard along with the manual shipped to me for free.

Comment

• Lee4847
        Established Member
        • Feb 2006
        • Canton, Oh
        • BT3100

Wow!

I just called. Less than 5 min on the phone and the guard and manual is on the way.

Thanks!

Lee
        Cut twice.... measure??

Comment

• cwsmith
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
          • BT3100-1

Lee,

Just catching up on stuff I've missed lately, here on this forum, and see your request for a manual. I have the same model and I have a PDF file of the manual (scanned in from another request last year). I can send this too you if you would like.

Big question however? Tell me about your phone call to Sears and the guard. I called two years ago and was told that the guard wasn't available for this model. They wanted me to send in the carriage and they'd give me $100. Saw is much too valuable for such an exchange. However, if they now have a guard, maybe I should call them again.

Thanks,

CWS
          Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Lee4847
            Established Member
            • Feb 2006
            • Canton, Oh
            • BT3100

I called Emerson at (800) 511-2628. They asked for the serial and model number. Their was a slight pause ( I figure they were looking it up). After she got my name and shipping address, she said the guard would be on the way! She was very pleasant and easy to deal with. I asked her if their was a manual available and she said sure and that she would include it with the guard. She stated that it would be about two weeks. I’ll find out in another week and a half it was too good to be real!

I didn’t call Sears at all, Just went to the web page listed in the above post and followed those instructions. I bought the RAS off of an older gentleman last winter for $100. It was used very little but needs alignment as it doesn’t cut square. It doesn’t look that hard to set up but I would like the manual to make sure everything is in ship shape.

Lee
            Cut twice.... measure??

Comment

• Bill in PA
              Forum Newbie
              • Jun 2005
              • Upper Darby, PA.

Thanks for the responses.

Brian - I’m aware of the recall, but my saw isn’t covered.

CWS – I called the 800 number on the web site. If your saw is Model #113.29461 then there is no guard available. I was also told to send in the carriage and they'd send me a check for $100.

I got the saw for free, but it does need some minor repair and major cleanup, so I’m debating whether I should take the money and put it toward another RAS or a SCMS or get a manual and try to repair it.
              Bill

Comment

• scorrpio
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Make sure you understood each other right - the manual included with the guard is the manual on installing and using the new kit - at least that was the manual that arrived with my new guard kit - and yes, I did get it within two weeks, but then I live like 30 minutes from where they are located.

When getting the guard, I asked to be sent the original manual for this particular RAS model, and was told that this manual would be shipped separately - it took quite bit longer to arrive - something like a month and a half.

The manual for the guard might be enough for you cause it has full tune-up procedure. I wanted the original manual for the full exploded view and parts lists cause I needed to disassemble mine and give it a thorough cleaning.

Comment

• cwsmith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

Well, like I mentioned in the first post.... I have the manual for that model and have already made a PDF file of it. I'd be more than happy to e-mail it to anyone who needs it. My direct e-mail is: cwmsmith@aol.com

CWS
                  Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...