• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skip C
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2004
    • Rowley, MA.

Bosch 1615 evs- a bargain?

I have an opportunity to purchase a Bosch 1615 evs router. It seems like an older router which has (maybe?) been repaced by the 1617. Any opinions on the model? What is a fair price for a used unit in good condition? The reviews that I have read for this router have been good but generally it is difficult to find anything up to date on this router.

thanks for your help.

Skip
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Can't help with your evaluation of the router itself, but FWIW, a fair price for a used tool is typically 50-70% of its price when new ... toward the lower, 50% end if it's a few years old and has been used but not abused; toward the upper 70% end if it has seen only light use and is almost like buying a NOS (New Old Stock) unit off a vendor's shelf.

Of course you also have to consider what current models are selling for, and what you get. How powerful is this router (check the name plate to see how many amps it draws)? What does the deal include (one collet or two, edge guide, case, etc)? What's the asking price?

Lots of variables, makes a precise answer difficult.
    Last edited by LarryG; 04-28-2006, 07:44 AM.
    Larry

Comment

• messmaker
      Veteran Member
      • May 2004
      • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
      • Ridgid 2424

They seem to be selling on E-Bay for $60-90. I would go up to $50 without thinking too hard.
      spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

Working...