• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scoly
    Established Member
    • Jun 2003
    • Lubbock, Texas, USA.

Hitachi KM12SC

Have been waiting for a deal on a good fixed/plunge router and found this through "bargain alerts". $118 shipped. Any problems with this router? I know it's not variable but will only be using it hand held and it does have soft start. Main use will be with pc 4212 dt jig. For my limited use just couldn't see $180-200 for a router but don't want to make a big mistake the other direction either.
    Any opinions on this router?
    Steve
    It\'s the combined experience of the members on this board that make it such a great place.
  • vaking
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2005
    • Montclair, NJ, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100-1

Steve,
    I have this router and I love it. I had originally problem with collet getting stuck - Hitachi replaced both collets and it solved problem. Hitachi explained that early model had that and the collets had been reworked. You are not likely to have the same issue.
    Router is very quite - the quitest of all power tools I have. Even the dinky rotozip (trim router for me) is louder.
    The router is single speed and does not take external speed control. You cannot use it in a table. But this single speed is fine for any bit you would use in hands. Somehow I cannot imagine myself using bit bigger than 1.5" in hands and I used this router with the bit 1.5" diameter (1/2" ro) - works fine.
    My only rerget with this router - I wish I had gotten together with it a straight edge guide and maybe dust chute for it. Both are extra accessories, I did not think of them at the time and don't want to buy them separately now. Router ships for free, accesories don't.
    Alex V

Comment

• scoly
      Established Member
      • Jun 2003
      • Lubbock, Texas, USA.

Thanks for the reply. Felt good about the router. Now feel great! Should be here in about a week.
      Thanks again,
      Steve
      It\'s the combined experience of the members on this board that make it such a great place.

Comment

Working...