• Show
Clear All
  • Tamarack
    Established Member
    • Oct 2003
    • Speedwell, TN USA
    • BT3100

Offset router base?

I have been planning on buying Pat Warner's offset router base for my PC690. Today I was drooling all over the May issue of the Lee Valley flyer that came in the mail, and came across a description of the Turnlock Offset Router Base on page 26. It looks more versatile than Pat's, but perhaps not as durable. Has anyone here used the Turnlock, and willing to give a user's opinion of it?

Paul in Idaho
  • Wood_workur
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Ohio
    • Ryobi bt3100-1

I read a review in Wood magazine, and they gave it five stars. They thought it was very easy to use, and worked very well.
    Alex

Comment

• Thom2
      Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
      • Jan 2003
      • Stevens, PA, USA.
      • Craftsman 22124

have a look around my gallery ....

http://bt3gallery.fhauto.com/view_al...ame=MILESCRAFT

I've got several of their products and a sorta half-ass write up about them.

the short of it, for flexibility and quick change between setups, they've definately got a good thing going. For durability day in and day out, invest in a bunch of routers and seperate bases.

any questions just yell, I'll be glad to answer anything you want to ask

Thom
      If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
      **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• jhart
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
        • BT3100

Picked up the Milescraft system about 6 weeks ago. Easy to install. Slick system. Have used the circle cutter a couple of times so far and works great. Quick and easy to switch in and out.
        Was doing some dovetail work and the bit came a little loose and it wrecked the insert (plastic). Called the company to order a replacement (actually ordered 2) and got them within 4 days.

Overall, for the small amount of usage I've had so far, seems to be a good investment and super easy to use.
        Joe
        "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

Working...