X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ted van halen
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2006

Drive beelt for a B & D 3 1/4" planer

Belt snapped on my B&D 3 1/4" hand held unit. Where's a good source for replacements? I have found them at toolpartsdirect.com. Are there other suppliers? I was hoping to cross reference a dayco one at my local parts store but no dice.

Ted
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Drive Belts

Wow, I've never had a problem getting a match for a tool belt at my local belting shop. They usually find a Dayco that matches. B&D must have used a real odd ball size. The only other alternative I can think of would be a DeWalt/B&D repair shop. Did you go to either manufacturer's web site and see if there is a shop near you?
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• ted van halen
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2006

Thanks Jim,
      It is indeed an oddball. I've tried x-referencing dayco, gates & even mcmcaster carr. I checked vacuum cleaner shops to try & match one. I even considered changing the cogs on the planer to match a standard belt pitch & profile. Suffice it to say I've spent way more time on it than it was worth actually so I just ordered a couple from servicenet. BTW, how did you locate a local "belting shop"? I'm in a fairly rural area so my options are somewhat limited. FWIW, there is a huge Dayco belt plant in the town I grew up in. Sad irony.

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Belting Shop

I live in Toledo, OH. We have a shop in town that deals in belts and related transmission gearing (Reliable Belting and Transmission).

I have an old Dremel 10" band saw that is long out of production and Dremel does not carry parts for it. I took my broken cogged belt to these guys and when they could not cross reference the part number on the belt, one of them got a micrometer and took a few measurements. Five minutes of flipping through catalogs and he had a match (Gates). Said they'd have to order them at $10 each. I said I'd take three and call me when they came in. They called me the next day and said come get my belts. Service doesn't get any better than that.
        Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

Working...