What do you think about the new Ridgid router?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryan.s
    • Feb 2006
    • So Cal
    • Ridgid TS3650

What do you think about the new Ridgid router?

Any opinions?
  • Stan
    • Mar 2004
    • Kalispell, MT, USA.
    • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Was just at the borg yesterday, didn't see the new Ridgid on display here yet.
    From the NW corner of Montana.
    http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

• germdoc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Omaha, NE
      • BT3000--the gray ghost

Looks nice--what's not to like? But they'd have to pry my Bosch 1617 out of my cold dead hands to get me to replace it.

In other words, looks nice, but I'm a Bosch fan and while the Ridgid looks like a worthy competitor I don't see any big advantage.
      Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• jziegler
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2005
        • Salem, NJ, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

Although I did see one kit in a box on the floor of the local HD, they didn't have one on display. No price tag on it, nothing. Just one unit in a box (that I saw). It wasn't even in the router section, it was in the front of the tool area in with the stationary tools. Hopefully it will be on display soon.

Jim

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
          Veteran Member
          • May 2005
          • IL, USA.
          • DELTA 36-675

Saw the box in the shelf at two of the HD's around me but like the previous post, no price tag and none on display.
          Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• vanguard
            Established Member
            • Jul 2005
            • Brighton, MI, USA.
            • Ridgid TS2400SL

I have one. I haven't had a chance to use it yet other than to plug it in and power it up. At low speed its very quiet, compared to by single speed craftsman router. Fit and finish is nice. LEDs are nice too.

What else do you want to know? I paid the $199 less 10%. It came with everything shown in the sneak preview thread.

Comment

• ryan.s
              • Feb 2006
              • So Cal
              • Ridgid TS3650

The reason I ask is I'm debating between the bosch and the ridgid. I know it was a shot in the dark since it just came out but wanted to get a feel for what the general consensus was for those who have used it. Maybe i'll have to wait a bit longer which should be no problem, don't need one right at this moment.

Comment

• drumpriest
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2004
                • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
                • Powermatic PM 2000

I have the bosch, I havn't looked at the ridgid yet, but the 2 deciding factors for me was plunge smoothness, and the deal from Amazon on above table adjustment with a nice microadjust edge guide.

Is the ridgid super smooth??
                Keith Z. Leonard
                Go Steelers!

Comment

Working...