• Show
Clear All
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Oneida Dust Deputy

Has anyone physically seen or used the newly announced Dust Deputy by Oneida?

I have been working on a seperator design using a 15 gallon trash can, some PVC elbows, and various other odds and ends. The idea was to set this seperator on a cart with my ShopVac to give me better filter performance, easier to empty chip/dust collection container; without taking up a lot of space. It appears that the Dust Deputy will be more efficient and give me greater capacity with the trash can I already have. Unfortunately, Oneida's web site has no dimensions or drawings of the little bugger. I have an e-mail off to them requesting specs, but don't expect any reply until next week.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”
  • thrytis
    • May 2004
    • Concord, NC, USA.
    • Delta Unisaw

Kiwi Dust Mite had posted a shop picture with a vac cyclone he made. I couldn't find the thread, but you can see it here. If you're wondering about efficiency or interested in making one yourself, you might contact him for information. Another option if you're thinking of buying is Clear Vue CV06 Cyclone. Theirs is 6" diameter by 18" high. They have a video on their website if you want to see it in action.

Sorry that i can't help with first hand experience.
    Last edited by thrytis; 04-01-2006, 06:23 PM.
    Eric

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

ClearVu Cyclone

Thanks Eric: The video is most impressive. I am sure that either cyclone will be more efficeient than the design I had planned.
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• dedaddy
        Established Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Dallastown, PA, USA.
        • Jet SuperSaw w/sliding table and jointech fence

I have the clear-vue small cyclone. It works like a champ. Put it on top of a 5 gallon plastic bucket that had a tight top. I just cut a hole and glued the thing on. I am building a roll around cart that will hold the vacumn (Fien) and the cyclone. Will post when finished.
        Lee
        =============
        I live in my own little world. That's OK. Everybody there knows me!!

Comment

Working...