? 12" Craftsman Bandsaw

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Woodokie
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2002
    • 26
    • OK, USA.
    • BT3000

    #1

    ? 12" Craftsman Bandsaw

    I got my saw yesterday and so far the quality of construction has impressed me.

    Only cut a few off cuts during the setting up phase.

    For those members that have bought the same saw - were you able to adjust the guiderail for the fence so that it measures true? I seem to lack about 1/16" of an inch at the maximum setting? I hope that is clear to understand?

    I cannot find any other adjusyment other than the 4 wingnut bolts that attaches the rail to the table.

    Help will be appreciated!

    Frank
  • ted van halen
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2006
    • 76

    #2
    Frank,
    I recently purchased the same saw & I too am impressed w/ it thus far. I also noticed the scale indicator is not dead on as well. I think that is what you are talking about. I have not attempted to adjust it but I think it should be simple enough. There should be enough slop in the thru holes on the fence to adjust as needed. I tend to get those sort of things dead-on & then never trust 'em anyway so it's not so big of a deal for me. In all of my design work at work I generally tolerance such that at nominal the tool is still "steel safe". I have adopted that same sort of practice in projects around the house too meaning that I will cut close to what I need & then sneak up on the final dimension.

    Comment

    • Woodokie
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2002
      • 26
      • OK, USA.
      • BT3000

      #3
      Originally posted by ted van halen
      Frank,
      I recently purchased the same saw & I too am impressed w/ it thus far. I also noticed the scale indicator is not dead on as well. I think that is what you are talking about. I have not attempted to adjust it but I think it should be simple enough. There should be enough slop in the thru holes on the fence to adjust as needed. I tend to get those sort of things dead-on & then never trust 'em anyway so it's not so big of a deal for me. In all of my design work at work I generally tolerance such that at nominal the tool is still "steel safe". I have adopted that same sort of practice in projects around the house too meaning that I will cut close to what I need & then sneak up on the final dimension.
      Thanks for your reponse Ted. I agree it is not a big deal as far as accuracy goes but it just "bugs" me!

      I have the guiderail adjusted to it's maximum, it is even protruding about 1/8th past the table in the front, but I am still a 1/16th off!

      Thanks again
      Frank

      Comment

      Working...