• Show
Clear All
  • MoldnMaker
    Established Member
    • Dec 2005
    • McKenzie, TN, USA.
    • BT3100-1

HF 18 gauge brad nailer

I just got one these a couple weeks ago. When it was on sale for $14.99.
    I finally got to try it out today. In MHO it works great and was a good deal to boot. I made a large shelving unit for my storage unit. The shelving unit is a two piece design made totally of poplar that I got free at work. The two pieces are stackable so it is appox. 7 1/2' H x 4' wide altogether. With the little brad nailer and my BT I had it buillt in about 4 hours. I was surprised how little air it used and how well it penitrated even with the 2" brads. I have a gas compressor, so to limit the noise for the neighbors I started it long enough to fill the 20 gallon tank and then shut it off. I was able to run 20-30 minutes before the pressure dropped below 75psi and I'd have to fire it up again. I'd recommend this thing to anyone looking for a 18 gauge nailer. The only problem I had with it all day was occasionally the safety mechanism on the tip would hang and I'd have to pull the trigger again to pop it back out before I could fire again, but its probably just a bur on it or lack of lubricant I will check it tonight. I usually by only made in USA, but I can't justify it for every tool when the price is right and the quality is there ecspecially when I don't use it very often.

Sorry this was so long, but I just had to say this little sucker is a gem for a cheapy.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." by Albert Einstein
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

I don't remember the model/stock number, but if it's the purple one I have to agree. A lot of members have it and it is a lot of bang for very little bucks.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• Roger109
      Established Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Great Bend, Kansas, USA.
      • BT3000

I just bought two of these when on sale,after trying a friends.I like the light weight and small size,easy to use!
      Owner of classic 1995 BT3000

Comment

• monte
        Forum Windbag
        • Dec 2002
        • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
        • GI 50-185M

That nailer is definately one of HF's gems. Many of the members here have them.
        Monte (another darksider)
        Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• ryan.s
          • Feb 2006
          • So Cal
          • Ridgid TS3650

I recently bought one of these as well and have been very pleased. I did notice that there isn't a depth adjustment and at the minimum firing pressure the brads were sinking too deep. I ended up adding a plastic tube over the spring to limit how far the saftey can go back so that at the minimum air pressure the brad heads would be flush with the surface I'm nailing into.
          Attached Files

Comment

• gsmittle
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
            • BT 3100

Count me in!

I've had mine for a couple of years and I use it far more than I thought I would. It's a gem.

Shamelessly pumping up my post count again!

g.
            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
            Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...