• Show
Clear All
  • bigsteel15
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Edmonton, AB
    • Ryobi BT3100

Bit the bullet

I just got back from my daily lunch trip to a tool store. House of Tools in this case.
    I went in to LOOK at biscuit joiners and walked out the proud owner of a PC 557. I bought it because it seems to be the fave here and is half the price of the Lamello with most of the same features.
    I didn't want to have a need for a biscuit size and not be able to produce the cut.

Now my questions.

What would be considered the most common size biscuit? HOT say they sell more #20 than anything. They look kind of big.
    Most of my immediate use will be for corner joints on 3/4" plywood for cases.
    I bought a mixed box with #20, #10 & #0.
    Brian

Welcome to the school of life
    Where corporal punishment is alive and well.
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

I'd say I use #10 and #20 in roughly equal quantities. For 3/4", I mostly use #20.
    Larry

Comment

• WayneJ
      • Jan 2004
      • Elmwood Park, New Jersey, USA.

P C has the smaller size called FF . They are smaller than "O" I think you might need a smaller blade in the cutter tho. The FF stands for face frame like for cabnets.
      Wayne
      Wayne J

Comment

• onedash
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2005
        • Maryland
        • Craftsman 22124

The PC should have came with the small blade. Easy to install if you pay attention to the instructions.
        YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

Working...